Author Topic: Local Coyote Hunters  (Read 8333 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Local Coyote Hunters
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:40 PM »
Why don't you just use a Smart Bomb on them. LOL

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 02:52:32 PM »
how can anybody say congrats good pics or they hunt as hard as anybody ,when neither one has license of any sort displayed..ILLEGAL and one guy has his gun pointed at the other guy... STPID AND CARELESS
district #1

Offline DEER TAG

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
Licsense arnt required to be displayed on your back any longer and if some of you guys are so againts this type of hunting. Why not try and get the laws changed .  :)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
WRONG, license are required to be displayed on your back while hunting. They may change it in the future.

Offline Pa yote hunter

• PPHA Members
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
Wrong it states that license must be diplayed on person and must be visable but they do not have to be displayed on back any longer.Contact your regional office they can tell ya the same thing I just did.

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
you wanna argue about the license , what about pointin a gun at somebody?? and for the record im not against huntin with dogs , im against people who do stupid stuff take pics and think they are great
district #1

Offline Pa yote hunter

• PPHA Members
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
How do we know its not the angle of the camera makin it look that way we don't but some people are just so quick to put other hunters down,Why can't we just say congrats on a harvested predator thats all I am trying to say!!!

Offline catmando

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 05:33:55 AM »
this is why many people do not post pics myself included. ive never heard of anyone getting a ticket for having tracking collar on a dog, and if it were illeagle wouldnt you think the wardens would be right on this?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 05:41:56 AM »
it is illegal and not much of a fair chase to use a tracking collar to track the dogs when they are running a coyote. 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
this is why many people do not post pics myself included. ive never heard of anyone getting a ticket for having tracking collar on a dog, and if it were illeagle wouldnt you think the wardens would be right on this?
Apparently you don't know how the PGC works...I will give you an example... During deer season, back in the day, I was patrolling and observed a deer hanging in a steel tractor shed, I went in to check it....aaahhhh....there were 7 deer in the shed ...none were tagged...radioed WCO...he it turned out was friends with this guy and guess what .......do to some technical snafu,misunderstanding, this guy and his cronies took a walk...amazing....if  you think because they have a badge ,gun and uniform it puts them above unethical you need to wake up...some are quite dedicated but some are not..This is a coyote we're talking about, the most maligned creature in the woods,they aren't going to waste resources on this.  I heard this story, slightly different,  from my brother who also knows some of these yahoo's, before Hern's post. I hope Hern didn't think I was taking a potshot at him,I was not..... I was trying to promote an understanding of the concept of fair chase....you know, where the quarry has some opportunity to actually escape. This "LIL WIENER" mentality that success is measured in some way by the quantity of the harvest is ridiculous. These guys didn't chase anything for 10 or 27 miles without the aid of the collars,walkie talkies,gps and chevrolets! all illegal... didn't happen...I didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday...A few will abuse this till it ruins it for all of us...JMO...and that's the great thing about America , your entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid or wrong it might be...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »
cat states-
this is why many people do not post pics myself included
I don't post 'predator calling' pictures.
Years ago on huntingpa, I posted a picture of a banner calling night/morning...2 Coyote, 2 Coon, 1 Red & 3 Greys called and killed by myself.
I was questioned in cyber space as to wasn't I a trapper? I replied I was, but this picture the critters were taken by call'n before and after sunup this day.
Two folks outright said they didn't believe they were all call'd in and killed on one outing, they thought they were trapped, since I was a trapper. I tried to explain that I drive a delivery truck for a living, but I didn't roadkill these critters either.
I got so upset and fustrated, I deleted that post and since, only posted one or two call'n pictures and a few trap'n pictures since. I don't need to show proof or puff out my chest, at everything I kill, but at times would like to post a pic.
On the other hand, I do enjoy looking at some folks pictures and read'n their stroy.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 12:01:04 PM »
Hounding......
Some guys are against it
Some guys are for it
Some guys don't care either way
                                 ^
Would we agree on this^?

Lets not get our collective junk in a bunch over some photos

Offline catmando

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »
i have hounds, but just for the record jaspr, ive never owned a tracking collar, mainly because i cant afford them, i only chase bobcats and they run different than yotes. im surprized at the attitude towards dog hunters on here. hern if they change the cat season, come on up for a cat hunt with hounds, i do use walkie talkies, you can come to jaspr so you can see how easy it is

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
looks like a fantastic time. thanks for sharing Hern! ;)

as for how the hunt transpired or how a gun looks pointed...unless you were there in person, nobody has any room to criticize or point fingers. right?  ;)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline ColonelAngus

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »
Nice pics hern. Any kind of hunting is good with me.