Author Topic: I tawt I taw a putty tat!  (Read 7660 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I tawt I taw a putty tat!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 02:09:45 PM »
yep
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

furblaster

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
One more pic yet  ;D

This is the entry side on the front shoulder.  I shot it with a .223 55gr psp.  I had shot through about 4ft of brush and the bullet stayed together.  Try that with a vmax. 

I ain't  a going to shoot through 4ft of brush. Most hunters would not take such a poor shot. Thanks to luck you killed your cat and it did not run off and die. Congratulations on a nice cat.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
Congrats Ben...you and pop now have a pair...
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
One more pic yet  ;D

This is the entry side on the front shoulder.  I shot it with a .223 55gr psp.  I had shot through about 4ft of brush and the bullet stayed together.  Try that with a vmax.  

I ain't  a going to shoot through 4ft of brush. Most hunters would not take such a poor shot. Thanks to luck you killed your cat and it did not run off and die. Congratulations on a nice cat.

I will offer an explanation and I am surprised that this did not come up earlier.  When I took the shot it was hard to tell that there was brush in front of this cat.  if you have hunted cats you know that they blend in well with their surroundings.  it did not appear that there was brush in front, but there was.  and I do agree that it was only made possible by luck and gods grace that we recovered that cat.  with the fresh snow I was prepared to track till we found it or jumped it.  you can see the shotgun laying on the hood of the bronco.  I actually backed out when I had realized what had happened hoping that with the blood I was seeing he would bleed out.  which he did.    
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:40:28 AM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline ysp1503

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 10:02:38 PM »
way to go Ben!! Great lookin cat!