Author Topic: Wolf hunt  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
Re: Wolf hunt
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:09:41 AM »

140 pound Timber Wolf

That dog's head is positioned differently in those two pictures. 
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »
Who is the outfitter. That sounds like something that could prove to be a good possibility. Thanks

15 below zero and two feet of snow. I could not handle hunt with 30 lbs of clothes on and a 10 pound rifle. I could not walk in the deep snow without being exhausted. Saw lots and lots of wolf tracks .  I called in 3 red fox and a lynx on three sets. The outfiiter is awesome and lays ton tons of bait out. He has an unlimited supply of dead cows as bait. He Has over 60 bait sites. You hunt over bait, calling and he puts on drives. This is a sport for a guy who is in better shape than me. If you want a wolf he is the best.
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »
The outfitter is Kap Rivers outfitters. I just talked to him and the doctor i was hunting with just killed two huge Timber Wolves. One gray and one totally black. Both were taken out of a blind over bait. The best time to hunt them is Jan and Feb. Deep snow  4 feet. The wolves can't move fast in the snow. OUTSTANDING OUTFITTER. i WILL GO BACK. If i would have stayed i would have taken a wolf. I was not prepared for the cold and deep snow. It was a little tough on me due to my age.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:17:54 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »