Author Topic: Best reeds for calls  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
Best reeds for calls
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
Which of the JC reeds is the best for creating...
Fawn distress?
Jackrabbit?
Cottontail?
Rodent?

uncle buck

Re: Best reeds for calls
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »
IMO...take the Crit-R-Call Standard or the Crit-R-Call Song Dog Jr....Just by where you put your mouth on the reed and or bite down on the reed you can make all of the sounds you mentioned without changing the reeds...
Sorry I did not catch what JC reeds might be, is that a special reed of some kind?

However the Crit-R-Call Pamphlet or small book that comes with all the Crit-R-Call's recommends what reeds and what reed blocks to use for all the sounds you mentioned in your post.

I voted for the single reed being the best to use.... 

By the way Primos Lil Dogs are outstanding open reed calls for old and new predator caller to master easy....

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
Fawn and Jack = .005
Cottontail and rodent = .025

JMO
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
Thanks Alot for the feedback.
The Lil dog call is an amazing call, its actually the only primos Randy Anderson Signature call i don"t have.
N you saved me a good $20 and alot of experiment timeby telling me that thanks alot!

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
it all depends on what sound youre looking for also depends on thickness of the reeds ect