Author Topic: Pa Game News Articles from the 60's  (Read 1890 times)

uncle buck

Pa Game News Articles from the 60's
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
I use to get Pa Game News when I was a kid... Always liked that every article had a story about Danny..  Like:  Danny's First Ringneck Hunt,  Danny's First Crow Hunt,  Danny's First Predator Hunt... Danny would be taken hunting by his grandfather...  Like the predator hunting story the best... See back then you could hunt fox 365 days a year.. There was no closed season.  Summer hunting and even a bounty on fox back then..
yep his grandfather too him hunting and they were using mouth calls and they were shooting fox with a hand gun.  Even back then the PGC was trying to get kids interested in hunting.... Those story each month use to make me wish that my grandfather was alive and that he took me hunting...That was not the case.. But the stories like that in the Pa Game News sure lit that spark in a young 12 year old kid to desire to be a hunter..

It has just been recently that I again have a subscription to the Pa Game News... Got one for three years too.. Do like the field notes,  the stories of PGC apprehending and prosecuting the slob hunters of Pa... Also some good article on equipment too.  This months...article on the 22250...I like that caliber so that was interesting.. 

Any of you older guys remember those stories  "DANNY DOES THIS?"