Author Topic: Kirk  (Read 1235 times)

uncle buck

Kirk
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
Over the years I have read some predator calling books and watched some videos...However learned so much from Dennis Kirk books....Notice you know how things change over night...That how predator calling is getting. If you were to write a book it would become outdated real fast.
Remember reading Failors books....Kind of did not say much of anything .....

Kirk's Fox book......Stresses the use of yellow and the red lens light...Now some of his newer books strees totally yellow lens and not using the red lens light at all.....Me think.....the yellow would allow more people to see more of the predator on dark nights..Don't get me wrong I still use the red lens on dark nights and most times... Just things I caught in his newer books..

Also learned much about calling the full moon and applied it from Kirk.. He recommends of wearing white camo duirng the full moon..Me I go to a light Predator brand Fall Grey and my call ins have increased since changing.  Because of police and human nature...I will not wear pure white camo when their is no snow on the ground...Since your just asking for it from people passing in vehicles and police.... KKK..... etc. etc...

Kirk has a cassette how too call fox..This is an outstanding audio how too and it's good if you can still find it...

You youngens and new callers...Read everyone of Dennis Kirks calling books...Fox,  Hunting Coyotes East and West, Everything You Wanted to Know About Predator Hunting, and Calling Coon.  The videos they are OK but the books are cheaper and better .

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:07:06 PM by uncle buck »

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Kirk
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »
U.B.,  I agree Dennis Kirk books are an excellent no nonsense read full of sensible knowledge.Set in on one of his seminars many years ago and learned alot.