Author Topic: Calling questions  (Read 1389 times)

Offline lone howler

Calling questions
« on: December 24, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
1.When on a set how many times can you change your sounds up? And at what intervals?                                                                               2.Has anyone had success using a E caller and mouth call at the same time for realism? 
3.Can you use a fawn distress call through out the year or is it only viable when the does are dropping the fawns?

Thanks for any help.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Calling questions
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 07:07:29 AM »
I would say you can. Johnny Stewart made a comment on this on one of the Operation Predator videos. He said that a coyote dosen't know what time of the year things should be. They will responde to a pup distress even when the pups are grown and the same goes for a prey distress even when that animal should be a muture animal.
FayetteNam

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Calling questions
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:20:20 AM »
when on stand and using the ecaller i go two minutes with my first sound on low the bump up to medium with the same sound for another 3 minutes.  i do that with 3 sounds for a total 15 minutes. i will sometimes use a mouthcall at the same time for 15 to 20 seconds but it doesn't seem to work for me. 

i use the pup sounds all throught the year and have success.  same thing with baby cottontail.  so i don't think it matters.