Author Topic: THE....."DECKARD"............  (Read 23412 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: THE....."DECKARD"............
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) A Real Good Example: From one of the ole coots in D-4

Crazy Award...
Not a hunting experience, but a trapping experience this week.
I set a tiny, thin wire snare for a Chipmunk. Hole was under a cement porch. Snare set at entrance.
I caught a 5' Black Snake!
Outrageous!
Release unharmed.

*This was at our home, doing nuisance damage contro
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:14:05 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »
Will D-4 members receive ballots in the mail with a list of nominated hunting stories?  ;D ::) ;D

Goose, that was a piss poor example. That was a trapping story...geezzz

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »
 Not sure if I should be bummed out that I'm in D5 and ineligible,  or relieved... Lol    :) :) :)    However, I sure would love to be at the award ceremony.
District 5 coordinator

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
...I sure would love to be at the award ceremony.
I heard D-4 is having an awards ceremony 'Pig Breakfast'. Ham, Bacon, Sausage & Scrapple.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2017, 06:01:27 AM »
 :)  Well it's all a SECRET!  :) The D4 Co-Coordinators decided to do this to prevent interlopers from messing up or protesting the ceremonies  :P............................................ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Hern says;

"Goose, that was a piss poor example. That was a trapping story...geezzz"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I didn't want everybody to over think this even iffin it was trappin, they should get the jest of it  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
 :) Ok it's time to get serious about the end of season awards "Brekie".  :) Time to award the "DECKARD" and get it out of my garage once and for all!  :) An idea Goose and I were kicking around was a Breakfast in the Clearfield area a centrally located spot and we could then visit Grice's Gun Shop in Clearfield if anyone wished.  :)  Is anyone familiar with that area, that could suggest a place, where we could eat and not be thrown out after 20 minutes?  :) Goose and I have the capacity to haul 3 people each, so we could carpool if anyone's interested in that....Tentative date would be April 1, 7 or 8 am, if we have enough interest.   Goose is in Chambersburg and I am about 10 miles North of 81,  Marysville exit, along 11&15.....PM if interested in carpooling...also list your name here if your interested in going and any other suggestions....you can also cast your vote for the indvidual you feel should receive this prestigious award... :).. A sit down, face to face .. a good time to make suggestions, air your complaints and mend some fences and jump start this Org. again!......... 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Deckard Ceremonies put on Hold... :( :( :( :( April 1 is opening day of Trout season and some Old Coot didn't realize it.. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[.............no worries we will pick another Sat. or Sun...... 8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »
I knew this was just a ploy to get me out of my elements where I don't feel safe. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
So the brekie in Clearfield is officially postponed? I'm going to have to withdraw my request for that day off. I rarely have weekends off.I have to plan in advance. Let me know of a new date when possible.
District 5 coordinator

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
Lookn2MakeNoise...............I didn't see you post that you were going to attend, nor anyone else for that matter...it was pointed out to me the problem was probably having it on the 1st day of trout season....Foxhound if you can't cancel your leave day I will travel and meet you...if you can I guess no worries....anyone have a date they would like to suggest? I am going to Ky. last week in April...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »
I am so dedicated to the cause that I will miss the first day of trout to attend the brekie with Jaspr1.  If it can not be rescheduled that is.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »
 :) I have conferred with Foxhound and he is good with setting up a later date. So I am going to suggest Saturday May 20th. All day turkey hunting is in and trout is open statewide. All suggestions and other dates are welcome...this will give everyone ample time to make plans to attend or not....every time we have had one of these BREKIE's it was enjoyed by all and a ton of stuff got kicked around....JMO but I think if we did stuff on a regular every year at this time schedule we could avoid some of the current problems..For instance ..season long hunt 1st day of fur taker till last, North central hunt 1st weekend in Nov.(or whateverdate)Holiday Hunt week of christmas...bobcat hunt..march madness....just come up with dates and make adjustments as needed , then there would be no guessing or wondering whose doing what when....it would be a standard format every year...again JMO.... 8) I should also add this could apply to camp outs,picnics or any other thing...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Lookn4afreebrekie....missed another one!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
Just my luck! >:( >:( >:( >:(