Author Topic: Looking kind of frail........  (Read 2316 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Looking kind of frail........
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »
Well there I was, dutifully putting in my last day of turkey season ;).....I'm calling sparingly ::)... when all of a sudden ???.... I get the rush from a coyote that came in on my left side, unheard and unseen :o...intent on turkey for breakfast ;D.....I thought he was going to end up in my lap..exciting!!!  8).......15 ft before he realized his mistake and then it was all scrambling to reverse and get back up the hill...hahaha...I have had a bunch of red foxes check me out over the years but this was a first, that I know of, that a coyote came in...and he was intense,must have used this technique before...and yes Goose,my wife said it had a turkey in sight just the wrong kind.... >:(

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Looking kind of frail........
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »
You didn't finish the story.....Did you get the Coyote???  Don't leave me hanging !
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:10:17 AM »
Not wishing to start controversy here...I quit when they den and won't be at it again till fall...I might try with my camera some morning though.... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
Paul.... ;D I had a good laugh on that....your wife calls them as she knows im.. :o a turkey callin a turkey...be careful when walking through the frozen meat dept. just in case you call in a frozen bird and it hits ya!!! LOL...LOL... ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
I always have this problem in the spring ,when it warms up, and I try to switch to shorts.........Bird legs..Have to watch out for amorous storks and cranes... ::) :-[

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:41:33 AM »
HE-HE-HE I'm guessin with the up coming election we should put you in for "Dog Catcher" ;D ;D 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member