Author Topic: Membership: Individual vs. Family?  (Read 3195 times)

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Membership: Individual vs. Family?
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:45:35 AM »
Well I've been thinking about it and since everyone here has been so nice, accepting, and forthcoming with all sorts of help and information for a completely new guy, I'm thinking of becoming a member.

Although I've read what the site has to say are benefits of membership, I'd like to hear from you fine folks, as well as the old coots and curmudgeons, as to what the true benefits are of becoming a member.

Also I'd like to know what the difference is between an individual membership and a family membership as well as any additional benefits given for family memberships.

Chad

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Membership: Individual vs. Family?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:53:35 AM »
The biggest benefit IMO is to help support the club.  Our main source of income to sponsor hunts and give prizes away is membership dues.  The club puts on quite a few hunt yearly and we give out some great prizes.  The prizes cost money.  When you are a paid member it also allows you to participate in those hunts.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:01:49 AM »
I'd definitely like to participate in those hunts. It's a good way to meet like minded people, as well as the old coots and curmudgeons.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) Now iffin you want to catch up with this crowd; "the old coots and curmudgeons", your gonna hafta come to where there is fud and able to BS. A big benny is the knowledge that this organization has. I believe you have ask and received responses to questions as well as others asking. We are not perfect but can come awful close with this knowledge base both young and old, experienced and novice.  ;) ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
 :)  PPHA statement:  :) "Together we must protect the very sport we love." ......................This is the only reason I need to be a member. The biggest benefit I see, is it gives us a voice collectively to fine tune and defend a sport those who are members enjoy. Trust me, in today's world of anti everything, we are always under attack. The biggest problem is we are so spread out, it's hard to get together on a regular basis. I had two individuals who joined and then quit....reason.."I can buy my own magazine"... They are both members of the NRA, can't make the correlation I guess. There are hunts going on from the start of fur season to the bitter end. There are picnics and other gatherings. "Breakfast" which we might have to expand to a location near you...LOL....Chad take it from "Old Pop's", sometimes the benefit isn't a bowl of strawberry shortcake with topping, sometimes it's just picking up the "Color's" of those that came before you and carrying them forward. OK enough "soapbox" that's a sales pitch if I ever made one... lol...and I'm not even an officer. If you join next time your down it will be breakfast on me or lunch.....WELCOME ABOARD!!!............ 8)

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:00 AM »
Thanks Paul, I appreciate the sales pitch. LOL