Author Topic: The shotgunner and tactical white light no longer sporting red lens  (Read 2707 times)

uncle buck

No longer using a red lens on my shotgun that is affixed with the tactical shooting light.. It has a pressure switch.  I will only use this two ways now.. If they take off on me and start taking off I will open up the entire field with white light and see if I can drop them. Also I hit the hit the pressure switch right when I fire the gun.  If I feel I don't need this for a shot I'm using a hand held broom handle red light... This is inserted under the forearm of the shotgun. Of course I have an illuminated battery bobber styk right next to the bead if the shotgun.. Fox comes into shotgun range the dowel rood or broom handle goes under the forearm to illuminate the eyes... The front now lit bobber bead is pointed at the vital of the predator and fired...No fancy stuff here. No shogun sight... No high tech stuff.. Fox is in range, illuminate the eyes, point the beat and fire.....   

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
Re: The shotgunner and tactical white light no longer sporting red lens
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
Uncle Buck I would like to see a picture of this set-up, and I bet others would also.
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
Tactical Light Holders

Lights with pressure switch come in various sizes in this case this is AA battery type.
OK for shotgunning but not a center fire rifle type..

Pressure switch, light holder , tactical light

Cabelas sale tactical lights that have the pressure switch, light, and the light holder.
They will not be in the hunting department if you go to the store.  Check out their tactical equipment area of the store...
I think they call it the TacStar...You also can buy just the pressure switch that will make any 1 inch light into a shooting light.
I prefer the 1 inch light instead of the AA type light...Good 1 inch Tactical light used the 123 batteries. They only last one hour so they are only to be illuminated when your going to shoot..They last me all year and then some...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:56:10 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
I understand that the Killlight 100 is sufficient for shotgunning?????The complete  set cost $99.99.  However you could get the Kill Light 250 for $119.00.  So you would get the light battery, charger, and barrel mounts.  I just want you to know this too. Since the Cabelas TacstarTactical light could near cost you about the same.  

here is the pressure sensitive switch you can buy from Cabelas.  Notice they make one for the AA flash light and one for the 1 inch tactical lights like the Surefire.. Also notice there are other items to the left after you go to this link.. The Tacstar system and even the light holders too.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=741588&destination=/catalog/product.jsp%3FproductId%3D742449%26type%3Dproduct

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:30:13 PM by uncle buck »