Author Topic: Zero at 100 yards  (Read 1751 times)

uncle buck

Zero at 100 yards
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
I normally will zero my deer guns about 1 to 2 inches high of the bullseye at 100 yards. however night time shooting...it's tough and the vital area of a fox is quite small. IT has just been recently that thanks to talking with a few PPHA members on here I have started and will in the future start to zero my rifles in for direct center of the bullseye at 100 yards..

A good thing to do is get yourself a Remington catalog and go back and look at the data for all the center fire ammo...It will tell you where the bullet will strike the target at various distances..
Take the 17 Center fires for example... a fox shot at 250 yards with 17 CF will die just like one shot at 100 yards. however take that same 17 CF and start to add inches above the bulleye at 100 yard...Then take the night time shooting conditions and you wonder why you miss fox.

However.......if you have that frame of mind when you shoot...That you know how to compensate during night time shot then I guess it 's OK just to do what you were doing...  IMO....I'm going to start to zero my 17 CF for right on at 100 yards...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:28:18 AM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Zero at 100 yards
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
my fireball is set dead on at 100, if i have to shoot at 250 i will still hold on the eyes and worse case i will hit it in the chest.