Author Topic: Expo calling contest  (Read 3819 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Expo calling contest
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »
How does the distress calling work. I use all open reeds. Jack and cottontail destress.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Expo calling contest
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:22:27 PM »
You blow on them Earl
What do you mean,   scoring?

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:09:43 PM »
Earl....so many distress calls will be pulled from a hat  ie rabbit, bird, squirrel, rat, mouse, fawn whatever is pulled

The contestant will then have an allotted time frame to use their calls (no electronic calls obviously) whistles, lips, and manual means to make their sounds and will be judged by a panel for a score.

Hope that helps

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

BP

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
Where was this decided?  No talk about the rules in the officer forum.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »
Tom, Tim and I are the calling committee....if you wanted say...you should have volunteered for the committee when it was asked
THIS IS SPARTA!!

BP

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:03:59 AM »
??  I don't want any say.  I just thought this would have been in the officers forum.  Thanks.
Actually, there is NOTHING about this in the officers forum.

BP

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »
Actually, there is NOTHING in the officers forum.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »
I apologize...I thought you were questioning as to why the officers werent making the calling rules.

basically we will be following the same rules as the World calling comp....one of the reasons we decided to make it distress division, coyote vocalization division, and combination overall champ.  is so the callers dont get confused if competing on both state and world levels
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »
And I cant explain what may or may not be discussed in the officers forum...I'm not an officer   ;D
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:34:42 AM »
maybe because they are not 100% written in stone yet....I was merely answering Earls question as to how it works.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
To all concerned abot the calling contest.  As soon as I get approvall, I will expose everything that has been worked on to this date.  I already have a flyer/entry form completed and am waiting on some small details before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
To all concerned abot the calling contest.  As soon as I get approvall, I will expose everything that has been worked on to this date.  I already have a flyer/entry form completed and am waiting on some small details before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience........Tim

Thank you Tim for all the hard work you and Shawn have put into making this years calling contest the success that I am sure it is going to be.  *KUDOS to you both*
Justin
~mountainfox