Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Sad News
« on: July 31, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
I guess I need to put this on the open boards as well as members only...Dale Shull (aka; Dale, G-Fish) was killed in a motorcycle accident in South Dakota Friday. He was traveling across the country sight seeing. Details are not yet available as of this posting...a lot of folks have gained insight from Dale...send prayers to his family please..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:55:31 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »
Sad news for sure.  Dale visited with us for about ten days last year and we really enjoyed his stay.  He was going to stop again this year on his way to California.  We have thought about him numerous time and were looking forward to another visit.

Rest in Peace my friend.

“We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence.”

Joseph Roux
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:04:37 PM by coyotejohn »
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
Name Released In Meade County Fatal Crash

What:   Motorcycle crash
Where: U.S. Highway 212, mile marker 68, 27 miles east of Newell, S.D.

When:  5:39 p.m., Friday, July 29, 2016

Driver: Dale Shull, 65, Sneads Ferry, NC, Fatal Injuries

Vehicle: 2010 Harley Davidson FLHTCU

NEWELL, S.D. – Dale Shull, 65, Sneads Ferry, NC, died in a motorcycle crash Friday night east of Newell.

Shull was driving a 2010 Harley Davidson FLHTCU motorcycle eastbound on U.S. Highway 212 when he lost control. The vehicle went into the ditch and hit an embankment.

The driver was thrown from the motorcycle and was later pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a helmet.

South Dakota’s Highway Patrol is investigating the crash. Other agencies on scene were the Meade County Sheriff’s Office and the Butte County Sheriff’s Office. 
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »
I'm going to miss him. I think he lived by his own playbook, all the way to the end and I admire him for that. One PPHA event that I think of that best describes him, in my opinion, was at Lake Marburg Fishing. We  were all on an island and Dale comes buzzing up like the Tazmanian Devil and hits the island in a full force landing. Moved the island a foot and then proclaims the Ganoe as unsinkable...lol.....BigBen quickly dispelled that idea and even though I offered him $20.00 he didn't one hand sink him...lol....I'm going to remember him just like that..... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 08:16:13 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Yea I remember that day also...Jeremy out fished everyone, and Dale gave Jeremy and I a tow in our canoe so we didn't hafta paddle so far... :P :P :P His energy for life will be sorely missed...
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
 ;) ;) Take a look at the last post on the thread "Ask Goose or Jaspr1"  ;) ;) ;) ;) it's the way Dale was...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:43:22 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member