Author Topic: Searching Posts  (Read 2994 times)

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Searching Posts
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:11:20 PM »
Why do I keep getting a message that says, "You are not allowed to search for posts in this forum"?

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Searching Posts
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:43:17 PM »
Are you a paid member?  Certain areas of the forums are only open to paid memberships.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:49:54 PM »
No I'm not but I can't even search a topic in a certain forum, namely the Predator Hunting forum.

Even if I'm not a paid member you'd at least think that I'd be able to search a topic to avoid reposting any old questions that could be answered through a simple search.

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »
The area of the forum that is open to the public is an area to browse for someone looking to join the association, the members only section is an area that the members discuss a wide range of topics and where a wealth of knowledge can be gained.
It cost money to run the web page and forum and our membership funds the ability to have said items, so that is the reason some areas are off limits to non members.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 09:12:04 AM »
I understand that fully and completely agree with "Membership has it privileges" way of thinking.  But from what I can see, the Predator Hunting forums are not members only exclusive.

I just thought that I'd at least be able to search a subject line in order to educate myself further.