Author Topic: Meeting ofthe SCPA advisory committee at Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers ground  (Read 5333 times)

uncle buck

Gives you a chance to talk to PGC personnel and a State Senator about anything you want to talk about...Also you get to see some familiar faces too... "I Know You!" "You Use To Come Over To My House and Eat Chicken!" "Sheeeeet I know You!" Can get many free things to... Targets and books with all the Game Laws, Fish Laws, Carry Laws, rooster books for all your guns S/N to keep ion a safe place should there be a fire or robbery.. etc etc.   you guys could meet before at one of the fine restaurants in Harrisburg and then go to the meeting..  starts about 6:30 PM and ends about 7:30 PM.  you could go over to the restaurant after the meeting too... Just posting on things you all might want to do as a group and get to bring your feelings up to many of the Game Commission personnel and the politicans. And the cost of this meeting to attend and do something for predator hunter is: FREE!!!!!!
September 21, 2015

6:30 pm

to

7:30 pm

Harrisburg Hunters’ and Anglers’ Association

6611 Hunters Run Road

Harrisburg, PA 17111

717-582-2454

Map

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:04:43 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Here is the state senator the chairs the meeting..  http://www.senatorteplitz.com/

uncle buck

As it gets closer I will remind everyone again about this...Federation of Sportsmen Club reps attend as well as maybe a PGC Director and a few fish and game warderns too. Plus the State senator.  Larry Mummert chairs the meeting.. He is the one that shot down the light affixed to the gun thing way before it ever got adopted.. See there are going to be people there that you can speak up about... I know I have spoken up so far to use Semiautomatic rifles and hand guns for predators.. He is against that by the way... Just showing what a 1 hour. Anyway i'm going to try to make it so I can speak up again about things that will impact predator hunting etc..

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Thank you Uncle Buck..
PPHA President

uncle buck

We are getting closer for this meeting..It will be this coming Monday...I didn't get one of those letters they send people that tells you who going to speak at the event...I think I opened my yapper so much they don't want me there... I'm going anyway... I will ask brother Tom what his letter told him.. Maybe they think we are twins and they only need to send him a letter...Believe me this is one way you can hit them with all kinds of predator hunting questions...Usually one of the PGC regional Commissioners attend... Last time in Perry at Little Buffalo..   Mr. Weiner showed up...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
UB, 

Thank you for spearheading this to get the Concerns of the PPHA heard!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

There will be a short presentation by this Gentleman:  Speaker: Scott Basehore
Scott Basehore Custom Box Calls

Topic: Wild Turkey Hunting Dogs, Tactics and Calls

The Good Senator will talk about what bills are going through the state legislature... You can speak up anytime and tell them what you think...Brother Tom and I will be attending... I'm going to ask just where the semiautomatic gun for hunting is now in the legislature?  I did ref the meeting on FB too.. We might have a few predator hunters show up. Maybe?????Some so far said they would try to make it.. I suggested to my brother Tom if we might want to go somewhere before or after the event to get something eat.

uncle buck

Todays the day... If you want to attend.. Just giving you all the heads up...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Ian  Thanks for the reminder.  I'm on second shift and won't be able to attend.  Please keep us posted on how it went
Jake
York, PA

uncle buck

I saved Wildlife to and man kind too at the meeting.... :)  :)  :) There must have been about 30 people there... But no PPHA or no 66 people I invited on Face Book...

Let see....I spoke up on Sunday hunting no being allowed to harvest Weasel, Possum, and Skunks
I spoke up about semiautomatic for predators and found out just where the Pa law makers are on voting for it.
I spoke up on not being allow to use electronics for possum, skunk or weasel..
I found out that the bounty on coyotes ain't going to happen...

Pa Game Comm is going to see if they can approve the Sunday thing for the three critters above and also the use of electronics for the same three critters..

The hunting with semi for big game ain't going to happen. No one talk up for it..  The semi gun for predators has been approved by the Senate of Pa and now it's in the house for a vote.. If the House votes for it on time it will be approved or disapproved.. If they don't vote on it it starts all over again in the next two years..

There was a state senator there,  The Gov chairmen for the outdoors and hunting was there, and Ron Weiner from the Regional Comm for  PGC was there also...Also numerous sports writers etc.. a spokesperson from the Pa Federation Of Sportsmen Club.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 09:56:44 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
 ;) ;) ;) Thanx UB
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Nice report.  Thanks
Jake
York, PA