Author Topic: Cost moor a Canoe at a State Park  (Read 3446 times)

uncle buck

Cost moor a Canoe at a State Park
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
Checked with three Pa state parks:  Two have a waiting list and if they did reach your name on the list list it would cost you $60.00 +tax to moor a canoe.  Marburg has a waiting list of 43 people and the women said that there would be no way you could even luck out and get to moor a canoe their this year....
One of the other State Parks...Memorial Lake...Has spaces to put a canoe...However they want $73.00 + tax if you moor your canoe there..They will probably not have any spaces left come Memorial Day.

Now if you can find a PFBC Lake without a state park...they usually allow you to Moor your boat for free...Possum Lake PFBC lake was like that.  You could set her out in March and not have to pick it up until 1 Dec...However Possum has been drained down to weeds....

Looks like the state system wants some of the action $$$$$$even after you paid for your boat registration $26.00 for a canoe through the PFBC.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Cost moor a Canoe at a State Park
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:12:26 AM »
for a beer you can moor your canoe at our place.  lol. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:10:35 AM »
Why would you want to moor your canoe at one place?  Then if you want to go to another location you have to go and pick it up.  Waste of money in my book.  I seem to waste a lot anyway so why not.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
So many Pro and Con of mooring the Scanoe....Leave it in the backyard and I can use it where ever I want to use it.
I was kind of counting on Little Buffalo since I do like to troll for trout...That place is an awesome lake for trolling with original floating Rapalas.   Rainbow school up in the evening and making passes in certain areas ends up with strikes and some nice size trout too....

Based on the amount of time that I will really fish...It's better to just put it on the vehicle and take it too where ever...Pinchot,  Marburg, Fuller, Laurel, Holiman, Memorial,  Stover, etc

Ah I miss Possum lake!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing is old now too....26 years old and I have patched it many a time.. Just got done patching it with Resin and Fiberglass cloth... Don't look new but she sure is a good boat for rivers and streams, and lakes....Kind of a heavy boat for a canoe but that just how Scanoes are...

Scott

Diana said that you can have the Scanoe for two beers but you have to keep it forever....

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
tell Diana Jackie said we can trade a dog for the scanoe. lol.