Author Topic: Truly Enjoy A Fishing Reel That Know How To Sing!!!!!!  (Read 2959 times)

uncle buck

Truly Enjoy A Fishing Reel That Know How To Sing!!!!!!
« on: March 22, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
The click and drag of a reel...Talk about an OUTDOOR SOUND THAT IS MUSIC TO THE EARS?
Your sitting on the bank of the Susquehanna River at night time...Fishing for channel cats. You have a egg sinker 18 inches above a split shot on your line.. Your fishing the bottom with a crawfish aka Crawdad. It's the month of May...May 20th to be specific... You sitting enjoying the night air and watching your Coleman lantern flicker in the darkness. All of a sudden out of the silence of the night... AH!!!!The Outdoor Music I speak of? A 28 inch channel cat takes off with your line for the other side of the river... The clicker is set on the drag...Then you hear that music the drag working and all that clicking as the fish takes off...CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLick. That be if your reel has a click sound some make other sounds that are just a beautiful..
Just wanted to share that with you since Sping is here and soon night time fishing will soon be at hand.. Also same sound too in the daytime when your fight a real big fish... Ah Music To The Ears.

I do like to river fish with Zebco spincast reel...Figure they are protected from the mud and dirt ahd sand and wow Zebco for the price.....Music Ain't Half Bad!!!!!!!!!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: Truly Enjoy A Fishing Reel That Know How To Sing!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:19:57 AM »
UB...lets get you out there on my boat this summer and we'll get ya some big cats that you'll need all ya got to just hoist'm into the boat? my personal summer goal is to win the harrisburg patriots big fish contest for flathead and channel catfish this summer...that means i'll need something in the range of 40-45 inches in the flathead department and somewhere near the 35 inch mark in the channel department...you in?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »
Critterslayer51 we will have to meet some time and discuss it...
I have fished the Susquehanna River in a boat a few times but I make sure that conditions are just right before I go out there... Kind of respect the river since I am a ex Coast Guardsman..
Remember I had a friend that wanted me to go out on the river in February at York Haven in a small V boat.. The boat looked like it should just be used on a pond not on the river in February... I declined in going since I know what can happen on the river with the wrong kind of boat in winter.  We did use the same boat to hunt geese near Duncannon, Pa in November.. However York Haven in February  near the dam and Duncannon in November are a bit different water conditions...Good thing in the summer the water levels are down.
I remember fishing off of Fort Hunter one summer at night time in my Scanoe.....Um about had the hair stick up on the back of my neck when I landed during darkness...I thought the PFBC would have lights at the boat ramps...they did not... I pull into the shore and a figure walks down to me in complete darkness...You can imagine what I thought seeing that form approach me in pitch darkness.  I thought it was some druggie or pervert.  It was just a guy that wanted to know if I caught anything but swore I never would go back there without a sidearm again...
So river fishing on the Susquehanna River at night could be dangerous and the right conditions would have to prevail...

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44:16 PM »
I'll keep ya safe from the perverts UB! I dont' mess around with York Haven in Feb...about 9 yrs ago in a smaller 16 ft single wide boat...with a 6 horse motor, I was out there and got stuck on a rock ledge with the transom UPSTREAM...so when my weight is in the back of t he boat...water...is rushing into the boat over the back...bad bad bad...only person out there too...I got outa that one by the skin of my teeth...but now i've got a 16ft all welded double wide with the choice of a 40 jet or a 35 prop...and i'm a lot smarter now about falmouth and york haven...I do most of my fishing at night down at the bainbridge access anyways, which is the next launch down...if I want to fish falmouth...I can come up stream and fish it...but other than that, I think you'll be alright out there, other than that little incident when i was 15, we've been scare free...and that includes fishin in feb haha...but that is true, you def have to respect nature...and the york haven area is the nastiest the lower susky's got to offer
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"