Author Topic: First Time out  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
First Time out
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
went out for my first night hunt last night..was a great time...no shots were fired but multiple coyotes howled back...in our first stand we got a reply withing 10 secs after the foxpro stopped...couldnt draw them into the field tho  >:( ..no response at the second stand...third stand ..called...5 minutes..nothing..then a group of what sounded like 10? were howling barking and the crazy coyote sounds lol..and then a group of two on the other side of the field were responding to the first group and they went back and forth 3 or 4 times...couldnt get em in close tho...going out again tonight but damn..what a rush wen u hear em for the first time
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: First Time out
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
Glad to hear you had an exciting night. Your going to turn into a coyote junky.  :-)
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
yea i think i will...it was a 2 1/2 hour hunt and was a blast...going out around midnight tonight...wish us luck
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
Last night went almost terribly...the only thing that was good is we heard a group of dogs howl back...bad news is
1. It was foggy (75yd visibility)
2. They only answered once
3. They were located about 200 yards behind where we walked into the land..so they would've needed to cross our scent trail just to get into range :( >:(
Damnit I just want my first yote!
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill