Author Topic: Plowing, Heavy Rains and looking for Native American objects in fields  (Read 2264 times)

uncle buck

Farms along the major water ways...Once the farmers plow and then it rains heavy...That be the time to go look for Native American Arrow Heads and such...Does not have to be along the Susquehanna River...However always wanted to ask the farmers along Sand and Gravel Co near Harding Pa if it would be OK to take a look see along their fields along the Susquehanna River after plowing and then the heavy rains...

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Unclebuck
I went looking a few times and found some stuff after rains, mostly broken pipes and some beads. The best arrow head I found was when I picking a place to stand wile hunting. I just looked down to see what I might need to kick out of my way and there it was. There are Indian villages along most any water way in the south east pa. The Conestoga Indians lived were I live know. I read some were the last Conestoga Indian was pulled from the Lancaster county jail and hung by a mob. 
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
I have allways thought it would be cool to comb the fields along the conodoquinet in cumberland but haven't yet.  only indian artifact i ever found was back at my grandparents.  we were drilling holes for fence posts and we were marking the spots with rocks and i placed a fairly smooth rock at one location.  I got to thinking that there wasn't any streams around and looked at it better and it was a hatchet head.  pretty cool.  pap snatched it up and stuck it in the safe.  not sure if I will get it down the road or not but since it was at pap's I figured he could have it.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

Harrisburg City Island is suppose to have quite a bit of Indian items... Heard people getting a lot of anchor weights from their fishing nets the Indians used....I know of a few fields along the Yellow Breeches that I would like to check out....One thing for sure....Make sure you wear some rubber boots.....Leather boots surely would collect a lot of mud under the plowed and rainy conditions...