Author Topic: spring gobbler!!!  (Read 6188 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: spring gobbler!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
I'll let the season do its talkin ;)

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
I saw a movie once that an American Indian would catch a Bald Eagle like that... He hid under the nest and put a hole at the bottom of the nest.. When the eagle landed he grabbed the eagle by the legs..and hauled him in..  I know that's Hollywood....You try that and in real life and you are surely going to have some kind of battle scars somewhere on your body...
[/quote]
Haha and probably have some lawsuit from a PETA member about hurting eagles lol. According to commissioner Ron Weaner they're going to open a season on porcuipines for next year and they've had all sorts of complaints from animal rights orginizations about how horrible it is to kill a porcuipine lol. i guess there's a advocate about every animal out there. Porcuipines chew off brake lines on cars which could kill someone but i guess all PETA cares about is their dang quilly critters.

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »
i love spring gobbler season ! i have taken many nice long beards. its another addiction! i also enjoy taking my wife and any young hunter who wants to go afield and bag that elusive wild bird. its subh a great feeling putting a long beard to bed and sneaking in on him early in the morning,hear him fly down and call him right into shot gun range for someone else. i thoroghly enjoy seeing the reaction and happiness on they're faces!  priceless ! oh by the way just yesterday 8 gobblers in my yard ! 5 long beards and 3 jakes ! looks like i will be making some young hunter and my wife very happy if all goes as planned! happy hunting!

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:41 PM »
Had 8 birds in the back field this am. Two big old long beards and 6 hens. The Toms were in full strut. Wish I had the camera unpacked. It was a beautiful sight to see!!!

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
if we get a nice day here soon we might start hearing them gobble.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »
leglifter
After that you will have to go to a pit blind and grab there leg.

Why does he need a pit blind?  He's already short enough.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
I may be short Dave, but at least I have all my hair!!! :P

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 06:15:36 AM »
I was call'n Coyote this weekend and sorta scouting for Turkey. Nice weekend to be in the woods.
Nephew just got out of the Marines last week and am taking him Spring Gobbler hunt'n. I took him several years ago, before he enlisted and he bagged his first Turkey. Am going to do the call'n for him again. Then he said he will call for me. He's been practicing.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »
Here Hern!!-Here Hern!!! Supper is on the table!!!  :P oh a different type of callin :D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Renny

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
Took these pics from the side porch this morn.  Right behind the barn.  I'm ready.....

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:54:40 AM by Renny »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
Sweet Renny.
I haven't seen any out back at our place. Usually have 'em in the backyard or looking at themselves in the sliding door.