Author Topic: Hypothetical question...How would you respond??  (Read 4905 times)

uncle buck

Re: Hypothetical question...How would you respond??
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »
Jaspr1 you sit up against the barn door and howl this time of the year... Oh man get ready they are going to come a running right at you...Now don't over call.  All it takes is two howls and they will show themselves...Remember Yank That Chain!!!!!!!!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
For those of you who thought I was pulling UB"s chain including UB.... ;D This barn has been abandoned for at least 50yrs and coyote has opened groundhog hole on up ramp for den...So you doubters UB has trumped all other coyote gurus' by having ESP in knowing about barn door set-up ;D UB has all the moves... ::) ::)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:51:05 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:02 PM »
Ah beautiful set up...My favorite.. Wind in your face,  permission to hunt in safety zones.. Now where can a coyote go if the wind is in your face.. He could go behind the barn but he'd still have to come along the sides... Now grant you he could get the jump on you just showing up along the sides of the barn too but your probably going to get a shot.. More then likely he or she would come from the sides....Now you got to be ready... Your going to have doubt that you will call one in and once you do..Wham that's when they show up and get that physiological jump on you... Be ready and be serious in your set ups..  By the way the difference if this is a daytime or a nighttime set up is based on the heavy cover that is in front of that barn.. Wow real open cover... Night time a patch of heavy woods... could pull one out in the daytime...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
UB...I always hunt in safety zones :o If you hunt anywhere else everybody is there.....if you stay in safety zone there are less people ;D(just kidding)...I have a plan ....I will play caller on lowest setting "coyote invitation to dinner"...I will place doggie treats approximately in center of up ramp(last meal) and let aroma go down "hole" :-\. when he-she pops up I will pop he-she... ::)game over ;D Got it all in one hunt...barn set-up,baiting,hole hunting all in one swoop..might invite Goose along to help set out treats...since I am such a "sweet old guy"... ;)..................as an aside I thought I caught Hern watching me >:( so I got my hedge clippers and went over and said if that's you Hern you better speak now before I start clipping...Dead silence so I took a few snips  ::) wasn';t him but it sure could have been...right size and shape.. ;D ;D