Author Topic: WCO field reports  (Read 3543 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
WCO field reports
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
I love reading the WCO field reports in the Pa. Outdoor News publication. Shows how stupid some people are. One hunter was drunk and fell out of his tree stand while hunting over bait. Four other guys were stopped in deer season with no orange and no hunting license. Never argue with stupid.        I love deer decoys that some state use to catch poachers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:24:22 PM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

Re: WCO field reports
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »
I also like reading all the stories in the Pa Game News and in the Pa Boat & Fishing Magazine when they bust people,  Good story about a bear killed illegally near Pine Grove  State park Adams/Franklin/Cumberland county in Feb Issue of PGN. 

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
I have a lack of respect for the Game Commission. They are all about money and not "our" safety. Proof being is they go digital so deadbeat dads can be tracked but they will still let people who never passed a hunters safety course buy a license and doe tag ect. Then, it's not till after they do something illegal or kill someone that they will be fined and again the state agency benefits from that. They raised the prices and now illegal hunting is out of control. People who don't take the time to be properly trained to hunt safely should not be permitted to buy a license or hunt period.
FayetteNam

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
The Commission did not go "digital" for deadbeat dads.
It was the Legislators who passed the law that deadbeat dads lose their license, not the PGC (Commissioners)
WCO's are empowered to enforce the laws enacted by the legislation of Pa.
As for Hunter Ed, there is approx 40 years of data that is on cards that would need to be entered into a database.
The way Hunter Ed is now reported,it is entered into a database and can be checked by officers.\
In time it will all be on computer files and hopefully it can be a screening point for rejecting those that do not have hunter ed.
License agents are to ask if the purchaser has had HTE, if the purchaser lies about HTE, it is considered a license in which the purchaser was not entitled to. Thus they SHOULD be cited. Its fradulent and it is a serious safety concern.
As for rejecting Deadbeat Dads.....Legislation felt that if an individual could not pay for their child support, they should not be spending money on hunting privileges.
If individuals want to act in an illegal fashion while hunting, then they should have to face the consequences that come with breaking the law.
And there has not been a license increase in a very long time.
As long as there are laws to break, there will be criminals and there will also be those protecting that which can not protect itself.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »
The Commission did not go "digital" for deadbeat dads.
It was the Legislators who passed the law that deadbeat dads lose their license, not the PGC (Commissioners)
WCO's are empowered to enforce the laws enacted by the legislation of Pa.
As for Hunter Ed, there is approx 40 years of data that is on cards that would need to be entered into a database.
The way Hunter Ed is now reported,it is entered into a database and can be checked by officers.\
In time it will all be on computer files and hopefully it can be a screening point for rejecting those that do not have hunter ed.
License agents are to ask if the purchaser has had HTE, if the purchaser lies about HTE, it is considered a license in which the purchaser was not entitled to. Thus they SHOULD be cited. Its fradulent and it is a serious safety concern.
As for rejecting Deadbeat Dads.....Legislation felt that if an individual could not pay for their child support, they should not be spending money on hunting privileges.
If individuals want to act in an illegal fashion while hunting, then they should have to face the consequences that come with breaking the law.
And there has not been a license increase in a very long time.
As long as there are laws to break, there will be criminals and there will also be those protecting that which can not protect itself.

+1 Well Said!
~mountainfox

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »
That's BS. The Game commission is all about getting funds and making money. I have never heard a licensing agent ask anyone for years if they passed a required test. That is up to the game commission to follow up these things or the licensing agent should lose their right to sell licenses just like alcohol/liquor stores. Guess why they don't, MONEY! I know your a WCO but lets face it it is just another wasteful government agency with some of the most idiotic plans that are not being used as designed.
FayetteNam

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »
I know this is off topic but there is no requirement to take a safety course to purchase an adult resident hunting license or licenses...There are people who purchase these license and have no intention of using them to hunt anything...Collectors and other outdoor enthusiest ...the 2011 jan feb edition of WildBird suggests that subscribers purchase a hunting license and Duck Stamp to help their state conservation depts. wildlife programs. First time hunters adult or otherwise are subject to training requirements and are subject to penalties if they are caught in non compliance.  I always heard this license issue called the "Hooftie" bonus....."Hooftie" logic would have individual purchase more than one license, each purchase of course invalidating the last one.....Go hunting shoot your deer, tag it , get it home unchecked...or even if you get checked you look good. Get 2nd license and out you go, across the river or N-S-E-or West in 50yrs of hunting I have been checked 3x by the PGC your chance of not being apprehended is pretty good..sort of like the Dad,putting son,daughter,wife tag on it...lot of scummy individuals out there for the WCO to work with... 8)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
Jaspr.....very good post, a license is not considered valid unless signed  (same with the Fed Duck Stamp which needs to be signed across the face to be valid)
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
Don't ever claim a lottery ticket then because they WILL check to see if you are current on child support and taxes as well as others.  All State agencies that have the ability will do this.  I think its a good thing.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I feel the child support part is necessary although I think it's a little bit dangerous being our socials hold the key to our identities and any walmart employee has access to it once given in the past. My point is there is no reason that the pals can't detect hunters that have not passed a safety test. C'mon! You have all seen some of the people buying licenses. They shouldn't be trusted with a permanent marker let alone a high powered rifle on the most populated days in the woods. These technologies should be used to help the sport all the way around. I needed proof of passing a hunters safety course in Pa just to buy a license in Mo. That should tell you something about our state.
FayetteNam