Author Topic: Breaking the code on cheap electric  (Read 5491 times)

uncle buck

Re: Breaking the code on cheap electric
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »
Since God Willing I will be here for another year...I  took the one year contract out....Yes by all means if you have plans to moving don't sign no contract for a time frame.. Also don't sign one for three years either...A lot can happen in three years..Price breaks going down...etc etc.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Breaking the code on cheap electric
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 07:15:21 AM »
If you folks looked over the plans and did the math...I figure I will save $50-$100 a year by dumping PPL. Figure your kilowatt hour useage per year then see what rates are and terms of contract.
We will all have an increase for electric. So save a few bucks a year and have a choice to switch to lower provider after 12 months.
Very simple stuff of 'breaking the code on cheap electric'
Only thing is, I don't think we will have 'cheap electric' (as we knew it) with a 30%plus increase in our bills. But as I stated, we can save a few dollars by switching from PPL to a cheaper provider for short term.

on another note...
Uncle Buck and I aren't consider old age, yet. But we do have some age on us and with age, it's hard to change (sometimes).
It sure in remarkable how this world has changed in the last several years. Sorta makes a guys head spin. But one must keep his head and go in the right direction, sometimes with the flow, sometimes not.
As I look at retirement is several years, I tell my wife, 'am going to build us a little log cabin with a dirt floor and fireplace...LOL we'll down size to survive.'