Author Topic: LegLifter  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
LegLifter
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:57 AM »
Got the do-it-yourself kitchen finished.
Well almost finished...got to do tile back splash and a few small details.
The wife loves it! We never had a dishwasher, I think that's her favorite!
Even installed a 19" flat screen TV for her, she was surprise with the TV and loves that too.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:32:57 AM by Hern »

uncle buck

Re: LegLifter
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »
Real nice Hern..Now I know why you have not been posting on here lately..I thought you were on a fishing trip to Alaska or something?

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
If I did all that for my wife.  She would still find something to complain about.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »
Looks great Hern.
I really like the bulk head cans shining down on the cabinets.
Is that maple?

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »
LL, Hickory.
UB, thanks. I did take 2 1/2 weeks off with the family; fish'n, canoe'n, kayak'n, drink'n hike'n, drink'n, cook'n & eat'n good, a bit of hunt'n and camp'n and some drink'n. The wife said we did everything with an 'ing' in it!
Don't think I ever ate so much in a 2 week period. I never want to eat again! Pour me another drink, please.
I have a wonderful family and it was great to get together.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
LL, the old cabinets were enclosed from the top to the ceiling. That was 12" from the wall.
I have a textured ceiling and was unsure of my skills to blend in swirled ceiling. I gave it some thought and built boxes 24" wide and hung 'em, set in can lights, then drywalled. Base cabinets are 24" in depth, so can lights were mounted to hit counter tops. Lots of lights in the work area when needed, even put a dimmer on can lights.
Eating area has ceiling fan/light with remote control.
Bob, I don't think I went 'over the top' with this kitchen. We had a 1962 kitchen. Took a while for oven to get hot, only 2 burners worked on the stove, 4 cabinet doors didn't close tight, sink was a mess. I got tired of patch'n things up and the sun room and fur shed was at top of the things to do list...LOL.
We are now saving for a do-it-yourself, 1st class patio. Maybe in a few years...then that should be it.
Anyone do any patios? Got any pictures? I done a few small ones with brick for family members.

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
thats some quality craftsmanship there, looks great
district #1

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
bdawg, thanks.

LL, Here's the money shot...before picture. Notice old cabinets go to ceiling. I didn't like the 'Z-brick'.
Dismantled the counter between kitchen and eating area and left area open, and used new flooring for both areas, makes new kitchen look bigger.

About 6 hours later, we (wife, sister, son-in-law, nephew and me) had old cabinets, Z-brick, drywall, old insualtion in the dumpster and new wireing and new insulation in...oh yea, replace a 4 x 8 sheet of 3/4" sub-floor that was rotted under the sink area...

Drywall up, let's set the corner cabinet while we wait for back order of a few other cabinets...

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:16:05 PM by Hern »

Renny

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:14 AM »
Nice job hern!