Author Topic: road trip...  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
road trip...
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:20:41 AM »
as a few of y'all know this past April, I hopped on the big ole red HD and did a road trip out to AZ to meet up with Coyote John... finally got around to posting a few photo's on line so thought I'd burn up some band width and share a few with you...

this was a place I ran into early Sunday morning and stopped for a bite to eat in Tinnie NM...

this was the bar from Al Capones bar in Chicago... removed and stored for years before the destruction of the building and later bought and moved to NM...

quite the unique tapper, don't know if it was an original, but I've never seen anything like it anywhere around the world...

the grub, homemade chips...

when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: road trip...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »
for those who have never had the privilege to meet John, here' his first selfie and myself down on the border...

Boot Hill cemetery, interesting marker I thought...

if you look real close at the 2nd cross from the left you'll see a horizontal stick sticking out... this is a marker showing the way to water for the illegals... this is the fence protecting us from the hoards of Meskins sneaking into the US...

cypress tree at 6500', I'm used to seeing them at sea level...

this was how we got up to the top of this little hill...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 08:42:15 AM »
and a few more...

from the point I took the photo to the rock outcropping you see in the right middle, there is a HUGE ravine... made the mention if you'd shot a deer on the other side, just take your sleeping gear, and salt and pepper with you as you'd never get him out... eat'em where he dropped...   ;D

interesting place, prolly 7000' at the peake...

and that folks concludes our trip for the day...  8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:49:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing!   Looks like a lot of good coyote country
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Thanx for sharing GFish, and seeing CJ in a selfie WOW!!.....you on the other hand are about as Homie lookin as usual  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
well thanks Jim...  8)

yes it was some good looking territory... didn't see any coyote, but saw  a few antelope, plenty of quail, and a roadrunner or 2...  I'm still considering lightening the load and heading out that way... keep the AR15's and the AR10 as a heavy a load of ammo and head off into the setting sun... I could carry enough in the Explorer and a small trailer to exist, I don't need a lot to survive...   8)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 06:36:22 AM »
Nice pics!!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) GFish...remember ...Life is short so do what makes one happy  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
so very true my friend... right now I have a close friend that is terminal, after that gets sorted out who knows what might happen...

thank you LL...  it's easy to take good pictures when you have excellent subject matter...

if I were to head west, there'll be one GIGANTIC sporting goods yard sale, motorcycles, guns, and fishing tackle, enough to open your own shop... for years when my grandkiddies were all young there was a lot of interest in fishing, so when I bought, I bought multiples of all the reels, tackle, etc... well as they got older, it seems their interests all drifted off to different things... nary a one has much interest in fishing anymore... a lot of talk but when it comes time to saddle up and hit it, there's no one to be found...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »
I know the feeling. Got 16 0f them. They'd rather plug something I the wall socket
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 02:00:33 AM »
"thank you LL...  it's easy to take good pictures when you have excellent subject matter..."  I assume you are talking about me.  Hey goose that was my first ever selfie, and without a doubt the last.  I don't even own a cell phone.

Thanks for sharing!   Looks like a lot of good coyote country

Good calling not only for coyote but there are bobcat, lion, and bears in that stretch of dirt road.

Dale, My son-in-law is in the real estate business so if you want I can have him start looking around for you.  Just give me a price range and county property or city property. 
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 07:33:34 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D This is starting to sound like a plan coming together  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
  right now I have a close friend that is terminal, after that gets sorted out who knows what might happen...

no idea as to how long till this plays out, one way or the other... but have to see it through till it comes to some sort of conclusion...

;D ;D ;D ;D This is starting to sound like a plan coming together  ??? ??? ??? ???

not quite yet, but the thoughts are leaning in that direction...

;) ;) ;) GFish...remember ...Life is short so do what makes one happy  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

as I said previously, you are so very correct...