Author Topic: Yall need to meet quarterly at a fine restaurant and BS  (Read 9070 times)

uncle buck

Yall need to meet quarterly at a fine restaurant and BS
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »
Some of you that do live in a near geographic area... Why don't you ever just meet at a restaurant for Breakfast and shoot the sheeeeeeeeet sometime.. You can learn a awful lot by just listening to someone rattle about something they experienced... Just say some of you PPHA members meet in the town of Ono, Pa at the Farmers Wife and have breakfast... that place is located that you can all meet there on good roads from many directions... It's just off old RT 22 by Int 78 and  Int 81..  I'm just brain storming for you... Of course you can say... OK UB you could come to just to listen to all the sheeeeeeeeeet too!!!!! Hey it was my Idea!!!!!!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Yall need to meet quarterly at a fine restaurant and BS
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:21:03 AM »
Some of do that already, UB. Nothing new.
Our high school class meets at local restaurant each month too.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »
I wouldn't mind doing some coffee slopin with a few local members.  Its been a while since I seen a few members in the assoc that are close by.

in the past when we do this people complain about this not being a camping organization or a fishing organization and we should focus on hunts.  prob the reason why many meet without mentioning it on the boards.  just saying.   8)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Hey you bunch of feed bag characters...now, I'm game to meet a group of ya at the Silver Spring Dinner  ??? ??? ??? ??? I know UB knows where that is, and it's kinda centrally located.  ;) ;) ;) ;) Whatcha think??  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
Where is it in relation to York?  I'm Up for it as long as I'm not working.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Outside of Mechanicsburg along Rt 114/Rt 11 in the Sam's and Walmart shopping center complex. ;) ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 03:14:39 PM »
I know this year I decided to go to the Sportsmen Show... Yep NRA sponsored.. I'll probably see a few of you over there for sure...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 04:31:19 PM »
Goose,

Pick a date and post an invite on the boards and see how many people would be interested in "signing up" to meet and greet over breakfast.......
Jake
York, PA

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm retired and any day is good as long as the Doc doesn't want to take my money... :P :P :P :P It's not exactly fair for me to decide as I'll pick a week day when things aren't full...and the work force won't be allowed to play  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 08:04:51 AM »
 ;D ;D Teflon Goose  ;D ;D Smooth  ;D ;D skated right out of being pinned down...lol... ;)....How about the Marysville Diner? Many of you have already been there if you attended the Marysville Sportsman Show, now the East Waterford Show. They changed hands a little while back and that place is always packed. I have been there for breakfast with the wife and it's not bad........The problem, for the PPHA, is always the distance traveled, we might as well call this a D4 breakfast and everyone else is invited..just please sign up.. but last minute shows will not be sent home...lol...A member at the fringe of D4 is less likely to show than a bunch from D2 who are closer....also the date...When is the Sportsman Show? Maybe one of those Sat. or Sun. mornings, might draw in some members from farther away....have a PPHA breakfast and then go to the show....JMO.. 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
Jasper,  thanks for the input.  I think it's a great plan
Jake
York, PA

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »
OK jaspr1...since I'm teflon coated and everything slides off my tail, I'll throw a bone at you. ??? ??? ??? ???...The weekends are usually eat out times for the locals ....does the Marysville dinner have a room we can book???  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Anything more than 6 we would need a room cause you be awful noisy.. ::) ::) ::) ::) tall tales and all...Just thinking if this comes together it could get rather large for seating... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I'm figuring I'll be there with teflon on and slip slidin all the way!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
 ;D I thought of that... ;)... and yes they do  ;D so does Yankee Doodle in Wormleysburg and Momma Spriggs in Carlisle and I would guess Silver Springs or any other place would rope us off, if we requested, and they wanted to keep their regulars.... :o.....We would need a date and a show of hands... ??? If there is interest I will pretend to take the little woman to breakfast  ::) but really be on a covert mission for PPHA to check availability  ::) I will be a HERO all the way around  ;D ;D ;D.........How's that Mr. Sensitive Slippery?  :P :P................ 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »
Middlesex diner is another good option as well.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Grasshopper you would hafta stand in line to even think you were the first to use the teflon term on me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D my one boss at the guberment place used to use it all the time on me when new projects came out that were BS....I'd kill them in the bud  :o :o :o :o Anyway...My hat is in the ring!! 8) 8) 8) 8) That be a count of 1 unless Lil Goose isn't working...then it would be 2  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Yea I'll do the math for ya..... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Don't want you to strain the brain... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member