Author Topic: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show >:(  (Read 5837 times)

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show >:(
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:24 AM »
You know, I wanted to keep the politics out of this forum but with New York bending the knee and now the ESOS also bending thiers, I can no longer be quiet on this forum.  I'm sure you all know that ESOS will be banning assault type gear from their show this year.

https://www.facebook.com/EasternSports

As Ben Franklin stated, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."  With that being said, I personally do not own any "assault style" weapons, however I understand their importance in the hands of a free society.  Most "assault style rifles" purchased in the US are used for hunting, plinking, and shooting sports.  We must all join together and stand against this un-Constitutional agenda against the 2nd Amendment.

I know we have some vendors that support this website and support the ESOS.  I ask that these vendors boycott the show this year and send word to Reeds Exhibition and teach those limeys, who run the show, that we Americans will not stand for these attacks on liberty.

As long as they keep this stance I will not be attending the show and I will do everything in my power to keep my family and friends and their family and friends from attending the show.

Thanks for allowing me to vent,

Scott
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show >:(
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
I couldn't agree with you more.... 8)

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »
What they said
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline The Wolf

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
I'm with you brother. Let your voice be heard.

Offline Shurshot

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Wifie and I WERE planning on attending but when I read the article,guess not..
The Best Is Yet To Come ! I'm telling you !

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
I just learned that Boondock Outdoors will be boycotting the ESOS.  Jeremiah's invested $2600 in booth rental and an increased stock.  I think we should do our part and support him for making this decision and standing his ground.  I just purchased a few items to help him out.  How about you?
Scott Morgan
District 3

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline The Wolf

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
I bought my Kill Light from him this summer, but I could always use more gear.

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
Cabelas has pulled out of the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show.  A prime time sponsor.  The expert guests are starting to pull out, Dr. James Kroll (Dr. Deer) has pulled out and is urging boycott.  It seems we may be gaining steam. 

A hand must be given to Jeremiah, who started the ball rolling on vendor pull out.
Scott Morgan
District 3

Joshua Boston

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Come on guys! Don't sit back and do nothing. If you don't call or email Reed Exhibitions you are a coward. That simple! Only with people brave and bold enough to act will keep this country free. It's time for 1776 all over again!

Here is a copy of Reed's Exhibitions number and email along with an article.

The National Rifle Association strongly disagrees with Reed Exhibitions' decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, February 2-10. We encourage Reed Exhibitions to reconsider their position.

While this decision has come as a surprise and concern, we have made a commitment to our members in Pennsylvania and surrounding states and are eagerly looking forward to the opportunity to interact with as many as 250,000 fellow hunters and sportsmen. We encourage all attendees to stand and fight for the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens and not cower from our principles in the face of media pressure. We urge you to follow the NRA and the outdoor industry's lead by voicing your displeasure with Reed Exhibitions both before and during the show and encourage them to reconsider their position.

The NRA's future participation in the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show will be determined by Reed Exhibitions actions in response to the concerns raised by the NRA, the outdoor industry, and America's law-abiding gun owners.
Contact Reed Exhibitions directly at inquiry@reedexpo.com
Reed Exhibitions
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk CT 06851
Tel: 203 840 4800
Fax: 203 840 5805
Email: inquiry@reedexpo.com

Offline Shurshot

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
reed expo has been told !
The Best Is Yet To Come ! I'm telling you !

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »
If you guys are unaware.  Reed Exposition is also the promoter/organizer of the Shot Show.  Kind of hypocritical don't you think.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
All the guest speakers have pulled out of the show.  ESOS needs to change their webpage.  Also a huge load of vendors are standing with us, including those that support this webpage.  Those who are boycotting and those who are not should consider purchasing items from these vendors.  The Boycott facebook page has as many likes as the Outdoor Show page.  The Boycott page has been live for about a week whereas the ESOS page has been live for a few months.  I hope Reed Expo changes their decision.
Scott Morgan
District 3

Joshua Boston

Offline Deadeye

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 12:12:21 PM »
Just found out the sports show is cancelled. If anyone bought advance tickets, info. to come on refund.
Ron
Lancaster Co.

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
Scott Morgan
District 3

Joshua Boston

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
wow That's one huge show to cancel. It will hurt many sponsors.