Author Topic: Hern Blett  (Read 8682 times)

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Hern Blett
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »
On Monday morning Hern had surgery for a hernia, (no pun intended). He will be out of action for a few weeks, so don't bring him any critters to skin.
Good wishes are always in order.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hern Blett
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
Hern, hoping for a speedy recovery.  Take Care.........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
Get well soon Hern!!!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »
I think someone said he was trying to lift a coffee cup and 2 creme filled doughnuts at the same time... ;D ;D  Well get better soon or we will have to put you in the wimp class with Goose... ;D If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.....I will only charge you the standard friend fee, gas, mileage, and roadside snacks...LOL... 8)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 05:15:23 PM »
Hern, hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Scott

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
Hern my man, hope your recovery is a relaxing one. kick your feet up and soak in your home time.  ;)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »
Hope your feeling better soon.  Time to read some of those old issues of The Trapper and Predator Caller or some old Fur Fish & Game. 
Or...Maybe just sit on a chair and do some trout fishing from a pond and or lake... You probably luck out and hook into a big Gut Buster 28 inch Rainbow however knowing you would let the drag wear it down and not have to horse it in and hurt yourself.

Good time to get fixed up...Hunting and trapping season is over... Best to heal and then you will be like new real soon....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »
Thanks folks.
Ahhh, am ok, just a patch job. Been slowed down this week.
Doctor said I could do as much walking as I wanted. I did too much yesterday cause my right calf is sore/tight...LOL.
Next week I plan to scout for Turkey and look around while walk'n. I love that stuff.
Doctor said I could do all the fish'n I wanted too. But if I hook a big 'un, I would have to cut the line if it's over 10 pounds. Doctors orders.
So next week it looks like pan fish'n and Turkey scout'n.
Oh yea, I purchased a new shotgun the other week, so I'll shoot that in next week.
Remington 870 Super Mag Turkey/Preadtor special
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-sps-super-mag-turkey-predator.aspx
20" barrel
Pistol grip
Camo'd
Tru-Glo dual color series Scope
See-thru/flip-up lens cover
Padded Sling
$30 mail-in rebate

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »
Sweet rig!!!
I wouldn't let it touch the ground like that yet!!! ??? ???

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
wouldn't let it touch the ground
Ha, am tough on equipment...LOL

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
DC says-
so don't bring him any critters to skin
Not for a few weeks.
Joe, we (a few internet friends) are getting together in April to put up Beaver.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 10:48:12 AM »
Hern,

Glad to hear you are out and about...Doc told me I can start therapy...I didn't realize that Physical Therapist are in such short supply...man it's a nightmare getting on one's schedule...and I'm even going through the hospital and their off site location...nothing is simple. Jaspr has me on the wimp list...guess I deserve that one...he just doesn't realize that when a dog's wounds heal he can bite even harder!!! ;D So git out there and catch some guppies and tie up a big gobbler...but remember ya gotta walk him to your house afor ya kil him...NO heavy liftin!! 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 07:36:52 PM »
Get well soon Hern.
President PPHA

Renny

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 03:31:51 AM »
Hernia... errrr i mean Hern -- Get well soon. ;D

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:32 AM »
Smoked you out Goose.... ;D...I have to admit to being jealous...here we are at the start of the "BIG SPRING CLEAN-UP" and you two have figured a way out... >:( Good therapy would place you behind the handle of a rake... ;D Blett-"The "Master" has not only managed too skate the yard work...but has managed too get his wife to buy him another shotgun , just like he needs another shotgun!!! ::)  Well I would grump some more but I have to get the rake and wheelbarrow out now...  >:( If this was my house the wife would say,"can't you hook a rake behind your wheelchair?" and "don't get your oxygen hose caught when you make turns". Have a nice day! ;D You two are just so lucky!!  8)