Author Topic: lehigh County Hunt Tonight: Invite  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
lehigh County Hunt Tonight: Invite
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »
Musky and I are hunting tonight...any PPHA members want to join in are welcome!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: lehigh County Hunt Tonight: Invite
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
Great hunt with Damian last night!  I always seem to call in a lot of fox when Damian is along.   ;)  We called in 9 last night.  Here is Damian with a nice female he put down with the .17 Fireball taken on a farm in rural Berks County.  He had to make a quick shot as we had the fox in a field and a truck was coming up the road. 

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »
That looks like a nice red! No other kills? Love those 17 fireballs.

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
Brushwolf, funny you should ask. There should be at least two more fox in this post. On our first opportunity of the night I missed a frontal shot with Mike's fireball. Then later in the night we had a red practically run us over. I guess I shot the ground in front of it or in the feet because it rolled head over heels at the shot, got up and took off. This was with the shotgun. Killing these things at night is harder than it seems.
A big thanks to Mike for taking me out again. It was another awesome hunt. He keeps letting me do the shooting and even use his rifle. Just wish I could do a better job at putting  fur on the ground.
Can't wait for archery season to have Mike down my area and get him on some nice whitetails!
district 2

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »
great work guys, those hard chargers are fun arent they? lol!!

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
Stay tuned guys...we may head out for one final end of the season hunt this weekend!  I was going to hang it up for the season but we had so much fun last night we may have to have a grand finale.  8)  Plus there seems to be more fox around this season than I have ever seen.  We even had one running right along side my truck as we were driving to another fox hunting spot.

I don't like to shoot fox past 50 yards at night so we passed on a few fox.  Plus, I think it is more fun getting them up close and personal. 

We had one upwind of us last night...I couldn't get it to come in with a Johnny Stewart small electronic call then Damian tried a call and it still wouldn't budge.  It really went bananas for lip squeeks cause when Damian lip squeeked it came charging in so fast that Damian had to send a load of Dead Coyote its way when it was about seven yards away and coming fast.  Its funny cause on our next fox it could care less about Damians great lip squeeks but went nuts when I hit a Tonny Tebbe hand call I brought along that usually doesn't produce.  It seems it really does pay to bring along a bunch of calls cause the fox last night definitely seemed to have preferences.  Another fox really loved Damian's KCC / Foxpro call that he has around his neck in the picture...don't remember the name of it and couldn't find it on the Foxpro site.

Last night reminded me how wary, smart, and crafty the Red Fox can be... gotta love em!

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Congrats nice red!!!!!