Author Topic: New to the ppha and predator hunting  (Read 3441 times)

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
New to the ppha and predator hunting
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »
Hi. Glad to be on board. I live in Allegheny county and am going to buy a electronic call. Got 200 to spend. Was gonna go with the foxpro inferno. Is that the best for the money and are the preloaded sounds good or should I order from fox pro  and get a custom set.  Gonna be hunting coyotes and fox mostly

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New to the ppha and predator hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »
I looked at the sound list and it has just about every call you would need for fox and coyotes.   

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:31 PM »
Welcome to the PPHA.  FOXPRO is a great call.  All their sounds are live recordings.  Everyone that I know that has a FOXPRO loves them.  The remote is very user friendly and easy to see.  The greatest thing about FOXPRO in my opinion is their customer service.  If you have any problems with the call or programming more sounds later,  they are just a phone call away.  They will stay on the phone with you and walk you through things until you are 100% satisfied!!   I have never heard one bad thing about FOXPRO!!!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »
Welcome aboard!  I have the inferno. It's a good investment. The remote functions and signal range are awesome.
District 5 coordinator

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:52:32 PM »
Welcome aboard! I have a hellfire and an inferno, I ran the inferno all season long due to its more user friendly remote and size. I like the ability of putting it in my hoodie pocket and rolling stand to stand. I don't know how far away the remote will work since the call is always on me when calling.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Tom Stohler

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »
I don't have a good e-call yet but when I get one its a fox pro for sure.

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 11:48:48 PM »
I like the $179.00 ICOtec GC 500.. you get  25 sounds and you can add  200.   I just loaded  65 to my brothers GC 500 tonight.. The decoy the  AD 400 add on to this caller is real awesome too... I paid  $39.00 for mine... I never used decoys much but I tell you what ......I'm going to use decoys from now on...Coyotes, gray fox, red fox... All honed in on my ICOtec with the AD 400 decoy... I do have about 15 different predator caller and wow do I really like the ICOtec... I do have 2 Fox Pro callers and they aren't bad... However there many things to look at here...Just say everyone in Allegheny County had a FoxPro... Now you play that rabbit and 999 other people play that rabbit... The ICOtec GC500 is a good call to start off with to see if you like predator hunting.... Like I said you can put 200 of your own sounds on there....  What I like about the GC 500 is that you can use it in the deep woods and your remote is going to find the GC 500 caller.. None of that having to hang it from a tree and work the remote from you to the hanging caller... Many pro and con out there when it comes to electronics .
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:51:09 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 08:45:37 AM »
X2 with uncle buck..I've used them Icotec for 4 years now...their awesome great sounds and at a great price and the best remote distance in the business!
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 09:28:34 AM »
Foxpro is the way to go. I started out with the wildfire at $300 because that's what I could spend. After a few years I wanted a better call because of the remote. I upgraded to a shockwave TX-1000 remote and couldn't be happier. With all the features it allows you to change the pitch of the sounds so they don't sound the same or play 2 sounds at once. From my personal experience I would suggest save a little longer and get one with the TX-1000 remote if you plan on doing this awhile. What's that saying buy once cry once. I think I ended up out $200 after selling that wildfire and decoy. I know everyone can't drop 5+ on a call. Just my .02
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 12:38:28 PM »
Where do u get the sounds from uncle buck and do they cost anything like the foxpro

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »
The ICoTec GC500 call comes with some free sounds.  I can't remember but I think it is 24 sounds.  You can put any mp3 sound on the call.  You can find some that are free around the internet but most you will have to pay for.  Some are encrypted for only that call like the MFK sounds.  Tony Tebbe is up to 81 sounds and they are also very good.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »
I get the sounds numerous ways... I will take a cassette and a cassette play and attach it with a cable into the MIC of the computer... You allow the computer to record the sound and it puts it in a folder.

I will take a MIC plug it into the computer and do my own sounds with my calls.. Again it does the same thing make a link and puts it in a folder.

I will take a Predator calling CD and do the same thing... Insert it into the computer and pull a sound off it and place it in the folder... I have actually taken Randy Andserso doing Austin how CD and loading it.. Then using the computer to edit off the narrative talk and record the sounds of him doing Austin sounds to call coyotes..

Neat thing once you load all this stuff on the a CD. You can pull it out down the road... I did all of this for my Fox Pro Model 38 and my FoxPro FX5.. Recently I took all those CD's and loaded them to my new computer.  made a file... Transferred all the sounds to an SDH 32 blank card..   I removed the card with the 25 sounds that came with the factory SD card . Inserted the blank SDH 32 card to my computer.. Pulled all of the sounds...   65 of them... I put the factory ICOtec card up and now have 65 sounds that are ones I pulled free from ICOtec... Some of me doing sounds,  some  JS, Kirk, Randy Anders Knight and Hale , Burnham...

Now here is the thing... If you really asked me how I did this... I don't really know... I just played around and I did it.