Author Topic: A 1st X 6  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
A 1st X 6
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
Probably not what you were hoping to see but here it is none the less.  I am so proud of both my boys.  They are turning out to be fine sportsmen, with or without killing anything.

First Porcupine, First Black Squirrel, First Red Fox on the First Night of the season and on the First set.  First Raccoon.  Here is the story.

A couple weeks ago I took my boys archery hunting up north.  They also wanted to hunt some squirrels for the youth hunt.  Well there were no deer this time but both my boys shot Porcupines and Squirrels.  Here is my youngest son with his first ever Porcupine and Black Squirrel.

Last night Nick and I went out on the first night of predator season.  On the first set, I call in a pair of reds.  Nick drops the first one with the hornet and misses the second one at 100 yards as it stopped for that last look goodbye.

On to the second set.  After watching a couple deer investigate my screams, I noticed two coon working there way through the corn.  Nick dropped the first one and missed the second one three times.  The third set was a blank.  The fourth set I called in three more coons which I told him we were not going to shoot because they were small.  I only let him shoot that first coon because he never shot one before.  A this point it was almost midnight and he wanted to go home.  He was so excited he called his mom between each set to tell her what he shot and saw.  I dealt with that later!  He says to me today that the hunt was his gift to me as my birthday present.  I just smiled and said it was the best present he ever gave me.  Here he is with both the Fox and the Coon.

Now I have to get him to calm down for those second shots.  His brother was ticked because he backed out of the hunt last night in favor of playing xbox with his friends.  He has never shot a fox yet.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline shortmagger

• Junior Forum Member
Re: A 1st X 6
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:37 PM »
Good going Tim, sounds like an awesome bonding time, I look forward to the days my son gets the disease of predator hunting as I have it also,congrats on the harvesting of several animals and some very unique ones

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »
Way to go Tim. Tell my buddy Nick I said Congrats!!
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »
Good going guys!Apples don't fall far from the tree.They will remember these times the rest of their life.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
Nice job guys!  :)
FayetteNam

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 08:35:12 PM »
WTG Guys!!!

Offline CoyoteLight

• www.CoyoteLight.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »
Awesome job Nick!  Great story, thanks for sharing.  Good reminder that it's not just about the hunt, but more importantly the guys you hunt with!

Brett
CoyoteLight Inc.
"Made by predator hunters for predator hunters"

Made in PA!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »
Awesome....

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
Congratulations on taking the time and putting the effort for your boys......ED

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
Good stuff!

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
Awesome Tim, he will remember that for life!!!

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Great pics!
Thanks for sharing!
district 2

Offline foxfx

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
Way to go.  I thing a father hunting with his kids is great.  I remember back when my dad would take me out for small game hunting. 

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
nice...i cant wait to call in a fox
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill