Author Topic: Hunters Specialties Johnny Stewart Tips  (Read 1107 times)

uncle buck

Hunters Specialties Johnny Stewart Tips
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
Every now and then I will go and check the tips that Gerald Stewart provides on  http://www.hunterspec.com/  Click on the PROSTAFF key for this info to show...

One of his tips that has stuck in my mind is one of those logical ones that make you think:

He talks about canine tracks in the snow... When you see tracks in the snow crossing a field going from A to B.. You know just going across the field.. That is just  a canine that is crossing through the property..
Now if you see canine tracks that weave back and forth back and forth between brushpiles,  farm equipment, along the tree lines.. This is a hunting canine.. It's tracks reveal that he's hungry and he's looking for food.  I think he recommends if you see this you have a chance to call in this canine since it's hungry and it's looking for food..

My comment here on tracks in the snow going from A point to B point is this... Many times as you walk in you will see tracks like this.. Fresh ones.  Could be you just made a predator run for the next county. See he or she saw saw you and all you see is the tracks in the snow going right across the field but not staggering checking this out and checking that out...  Yep snow... it never lies.. Now if you really look at the tracks it tells you what is on that predators mind too....Hungry or Man I better Get Myself Out Of Here Real Fast Like!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:21:48 AM by uncle buck »