Author Topic: BEARS!!!  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
BEARS!!!
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »
Gents,

We've got us a big bear problem here at the Oswayo state fish hatchery in northern potter county. They trapped out 6 bears this season earlier, and we've got 6 sows with 3-4 cubs entering the hatchery every night to eat YOUR trophy trout (thats why you shouldn't complain when we only stock 7 inchers all next spring!) haha. Anyways, i've put a camera on our dead pit across the street from the station, and i've got some really good pics of bears and a few coyotes visiting as well. The guys do have pictures in the break room of yotes, bears, great horned owls, coons, mink, and bob cats visiting this such location. I posted about 35 pics on my facebook page with them on there if you would like to check them out, you can find me under DJ Beckey.

My bear camp will once again happen this season as well, over in Tioga county with the Mansfield Militia (all of my college pals get together every year to form a full 25 person drive team), and will be hopefully downing yet another bear this season. We've shot one every season for 5 years, but the 2 years i've been going we've only found one, wounded another unfortunetly. I'm sorry to say though, i've forgot to mention last season, and i'm very sorry Sheri, that we did hunt Sheri Baity's property last season and it was a total blast. We put together 2 drives on her farm, and during the first drive, we pushed a bear over to her neighbors property in which they shot. She has a new funny names for her 2 neighbors. She has most definately one of the most beautiful properties i've set eyes on in my short 26 year life. Great habitat for bears and her 2 favorite critters the crow and the coyotes. We thank you again Sheri and hope you're doing well on your coyote hunting seminar travels! I'll be hunting the 1st day at least, dont' know about the rest of the week with the new job with the state, that is, if I don't stick one with the bow the week or so before! Sheri, we'll be in touch, hopefully you'll have us again, it surely was a great time to hunt with you!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: BEARS!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »
Sounds like you are having a good time.  You must be a little bored though?  I never saw you type so much. ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: BEARS!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
right before bed...it was on my mind with all the bear sign
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"