Author Topic: Saw neat stuff this week  (Read 2511 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Saw neat stuff this week
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »
While hunting this week for ground hogs i saw some pretty neat stuff. Saw a doe with 4 fawns. Saw a deer that was half white in the back end and half brown in the front end. Saw five bucks last night. Saw a red fox that i think was rabid two feet from my car. Saw three baby racoons walking down the middle of the road.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Saw neat stuff this week
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
 I have been seeing red fox and smelling them every time I go out. Watched one mousing yesterday, I thought it was gonna break it's neck the way it was landing. I saw one drinking out of the creek a couple days ago. My neighbor just told me there was a red trying to get in my yard from his the other morning. He Also said something (coyote or bobcat) snagged a fawn above my house the other evening but he didn't see anything just heard the doe snorting overly aggressive and the fawn bawling and the doe running up the hill after it but the predator never made a sound from what he heard. It's gonna be a good predator hunt if we have one early as well.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
I've been seeing lots of reds this summer too. I heard a fawn being killed by a pack of coyote's about 3 weeks ago but I never saw the dogs. Seeing lots of coons and some nice bucks too. I'm planning on having a record hunting year. I can't wait to get started.
President PPHA

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »
I've been scouting all the new properties I got permission to hunt.  Haven't had a lot of time cause working 2 jobs.  But, I'm seeing a lot of tracks and signs.  Will be out Tuesday morning trying my hand at the grass land Grizzly's.  Going to have to head out of BUcks and Montgomery though as I want to use the 223.  Wish me luck.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »
Good luck Dave.