Author Topic: Tire chain question  (Read 2582 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Tire chain question
« on: June 28, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
I am going out to Wyoming this year for three weeks hunting coyote. I want to be prepared for bad weather snow or heavy rain. I need to purchase a set of chain type traction items for my Jeep Liberty. Has anyone used those Snow Claws or Go Claws type of traction items that replaces chains? thanks

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Tire chain question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
I know what your talking about but never used them. If that is what you decide to get and have to use them let us know how they work.
PPHA District 3

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:24:47 AM »
best thing I can tell ya earl is call up the guys at tirechains.com and ask em.  they are based in pa and very helpful.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:07:27 AM »
We got the heavy duty chains at Auto Zone for $70 a pair and they worked awesome in the ice/snow this year. Got tired of getting stuck up on the mountain at camp.

I would stay away from the cables if you can, the chains definitely work a lot better.
I never heard of the types your talking about
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:12:51 AM »
I know woody has a set of cables hopefully he can chime in here.  I know you have to watch chains on some vehicles because there is not enough clearance between the wheel and the tire.  the liberty should be plenty.  I would take the chains over cables though.  maybe a set of automatic chains for on the liberty earl that would be slick. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:17:14 AM »
Thanks a bunch guys.

Offline lunchbox

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »
id say stick with the chains alot better and been around for awhile