Author Topic: .17 Hornet  (Read 28834 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: .17 Hornet
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D we not only have Lookin4Pops we now have BeammeupScotty....we have two youngins who think the Old Coot's priority is to sit in front of a computer first thing in the mornin :P :P :P :P :P :P....guess both only turn up the thermostat instead of stoking the fire  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) they both probably stop at Starbuckys for their Latte instead of making a pot of coffee also :P :P :P :P :P two young softies  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ glad they hafta work...oh, sorry...I meant put in the time cause real work would give them blisters  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »
Now come on it is only regular coffee here and I have split more than my share of wood.  But funny u should mention a blister.  Was that ur nickname when you worked for uncle.  Blister - only shows up when the work is done.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 05:54:14 AM »
Scott  ;D Yes  ;D ;D That's the one  ;D ;D.........."Tasty"  ;D ;D...............U2 keep forgetting  :( we were pups like you at one time  :P although maybe not quite as clueless  ::) Goose! Another "BIG" talker  ::) like "Lookn4wipes"  ;) only "Blisters" he probably ever had   :( were the ones on his behind  :'( :'( from smart mouthing his mother  :P :P :P :P :P............... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) AAAAh Scotthopper...aka Grasshopper.....you keep working and paying taxes to uncle and I will keep receiving my monthly check  :o :o :o :o :o if you get blisters, no worry  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ they will heal and teach you the lesson to wear gloves the next time dummy!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:26 AM »
Scott, that would be the exact deer.  The way I look at it, they don't get up until noon, they should be up all night!  I'm gonna offer to take the Jester1 and GooseBelly predator hunting some night.  After all this site is all about predator hunting. The OLD Coots Club seems to have forgotten about that.  The only problem is I only have one chair lift on my truck.  They may have to sit on each others lap to get in and out. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2016, 08:21:14 AM »
That is if you could get them to get out of the truck, you might have to wait for a 60 degree night so they are not complaining about the cold.   there are also some advantages, a cane can be used to dispatch any wounded animals and the walker would be an awesome rest with some modifications.  I just may have given Buckwheat another item to sell, customized walkers for the Old Coot predator hunter.   
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:50:29 AM by scott »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D You two have a lot of catching up to do before you can even think about entering into the realm of the Old Coots  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? We didn't get old by being dumb  :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
Well that's debatable. ??? ??? ???
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  "Goose" don't you just "LOVE" it when a plan comes together!  ;D ;D ;D and they never see it coming!  ;) ;)  "Lookn2gityoreclockcleaned"  OH Please don't throw us in the Briar Patch  :o :o....LOL......"Old Pop's jest livin in feer!!!  :P :P :P :P  PS:"a cane can be used to dispatch any wounded animals", Scoot!  ::) I mean Scott!!  ::) "Old Coots" shoot to kill  >:(  we don't spend all night chasing wounded animals   >:( >:(                             

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) Hornet went to the range today  ::) ::) ::) ::) and is cat capable  :o :o :o :o and the 17 be still sitting in the corner  :P :P :P :P :P waiting for some one to buy him the rest of it  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ the $$$$$ your making all I can think of is "CHEAP".... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ your son gives you the mechanism and all you need to do is glass it.... :( :( :( :( :( :( Really?? come on get with the program!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »
What types of groups did u get and what bullet.  Mine like the Winchester 46gr hollow point and the rem 45gr soft point.   

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) I roll my own; 40gr Sierra HP, with 10 grs H110, and CCI sm primer.... :-X :-X :-X :-X Hafta refine a little more as my 100 meter group was a little larger than I like, (not clover leafs) gonna push it a little faster  :P :P :P but still cat worthy  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:18:14 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »
Goose, get ya a can of Lil-Gun and see what that does for ya...

I shoot from 10gr to 13½gr with a 40gr V-Max, the only boolit I use anymore, am extremely happy with it... 10 gr shoots to one hole and the 13½ shoots to a tight cloverleaf @ 3250fps w/7 fps EV...  I use Winchester brass and Fed sm Pistol primers for the 10gr loads and CCI sm rifle Match primers for the heavy loads...

this is with a 26" barrel K-Hornet, so don't expect to get those speeds out of your shorter barrels...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
Goose
    Don't fret on the young'uns. They don't really work; They be employees of the Govamint
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »
Dale I rolled some this afternoon....but will look for some Lil Gun  :o :o :o I haven't used that powder  ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member