Author Topic: Byron South Seminar  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Byron South Seminar
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
Posted on HuntingPa.com by Mike Dillon (Foxpro, Inc.)

Just to let everyone know, Byron South will be giving some predator seminars this weekend at the Hamburg Cabela's. We will be there Saturday and Sunday. If you haven't had the chance to catch one yet, he puts on a great seminar. Hope to see you there!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled!

So...whos going?
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

uncle buck

Byron South Seminar
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
I  visited Cabelas today and caught Byron's  Sunday seminar.  Nice to see many of the Pa Predator Hunters attending.  Good to see some familar faces.

I attended Byron seminar at Pinchot Park duirng one of our previous PAPHA picnic.  

I thought that the seminar at Cabelas would be a repetition of the one at the PAPHA picnic.  I was wrong.  

I have been calling predator for over 20 years.   However I learned alot today from Byron.  Things that I can add to my 20 years of calling experience.    In particular thanks for the info on coyote core areas.  The proper way to use  affixed light to guns,     light intensitiy impact on incoming predators,  tips for bobcat hunting.  Plus other things too. I can go on and on.  Truly and outstanding training seminar for new and seasoned predator caller.  

Thank you Byron for and outstanding seminar.  

Thank you Mike Dillion and the Foxpro team for providing constant quality service and knowledge to the callers of Pennsylvania.  Keep up the good work.  For those of you who did not get to attend you missed a good one.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Byron South Seminar
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 02:45:29 PM »
UncleBuck
Like I said, it was a good seminar and worth attending. I am glad I did.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

Byron South Seminar
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:37:25 PM »
I  like how he explained the Coyote Core areas.  One thinks deer when they think core areas.  However how many times have you had coyotes howling but you have no shows?

It could be what he explained abut Core areas.  the coyote core areas are places the coyote sleeps and goes for protection.  You are calling and it could be that he hears you coyote vocals.  He or she answers you but does not come in because they are right at the edge of their core areas. The core areas could be a stream, top of the mtn, the bottom of the mountain, This side of a power line,  that side of the power line.  Now it might be worth a try?  If you can determine  where that coyote is howling from to have someone sneak down and post just where the border of the core area is.  The person with the call could get the coyote whopped up.  It just may come to the edge of the core area and the shooter could be there waiting for it.

I know gray and red fox will do this and that is the way to try to get grays or reds that hang up or bark at you.  Have someone skoot down and post just where they hang up or bark at you.  You call in the same position as before.  The red and or the gray will come out to that area again. However this time the shooter can intercept him or her.  Remember when the reds and the grays start barking at you you been had.  Next time not the same night if the shooter  sneaks down to that spot you might get that smart fox.  However you might get that smart coyote too if you try this.

I found this to be interesting and worth persuing.