Author Topic: shoes  (Read 2484 times)

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
shoes
« on: October 29, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
I have 2 prs, of rocky boots that are great, warm and dry. Both prs. are 1 yr old. The problem I am having is both pr are very noisy. They screch when you walk. It is not the bottom of the soles, it is in the arch. Any help to quiet them would be great!!!

uncle buck

Re: shoes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
I had shoes like that once.. However Can't tell you how to silence them...However if you do wear as they are now..The hunt will be over for predators...Even those big deer hunting PAC boots (Sorels with the liners) are bad for predator hunting CLUMP CLUMP CLUMP. It's over if you wear them too...

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
Soak the soles down with WD 40.
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
Not sure but they will wind wd40 a long way. Try rubber boots you will have to cross creeks sometimes. Put a knee high womans stocking on first then a cotton tube sock over top. Your feet will stay warm and dry.

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »
Not sure but they will wind wd40 a long way. Try rubber boots you will have to cross creeks sometimes. Put a knee high womans stocking on first then a cotton tube sock over top. Your feet will stay warm and dry.

Yep, you're right about the smell, but, try this as a last ditch effort. The smell is not of the HUMAN kind. The reason that I say this is that when the farmer has a breakdown and works on the machine, the critters,big and small, will come and investagate. They are just naturally nebby.

With a "small modifacation" panty hose works well too. ;) ;D ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."