Author Topic: How Easy Do Blocks Of Foxpro Sounds Load?  (Read 4803 times)

uncle buck

How Easy Do Blocks Of Foxpro Sounds Load?
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
Just curious when you buy a block of Foxpro sounds.  Let say for the FX5 or the Fury?  Do they load real easy to your caller?.. I suppose you do the same thing..Go through the steps to save your old sounds and then trigger the block of sounds to load. Then run the program to upload the remote call screen????????
Has anyone ever lost the sounds and had to go back to Foxpro and have them send them again?

I remember when loading my own sounds to my FX5.  Tried to overlay to many at a time.. Learned from trial and error to maybe load 4 or 5 only at a time...Save them, Load 5 more save them, etc etc etc.. In other words when I tried to overlay the mother load at one clip it was just to much for the Foxpro FX5 memory... Not bad once I understood what I needed to do for it to work....   

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: How Easy Do Blocks Of Foxpro Sounds Load?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:51:39 PM »
not sure about the Fox Pro sounds but i bought a JS MP3 file to download 4 calls to the Fury and it was so easy that Jackie had to do it.   :-[

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
not sure about the Fox Pro sounds but i bought a JS MP3 file to download 4 calls to the Fury and it was so easy that Jackie had to do it.   :-[
oh oh I promise I won't tell her you said that..

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
no, meaning i couldn't do it so she had too.  she has the foxpro sounds stored on the computer then she download the mp3 files and moves them to the fury.  so we always have a backup of the sounds on the puter. 

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »
Yes I do like loading the CD's to the FX5...Just hit the RIP key....Takes all the sounds to a file and then you just overlay...
Again best to do it like you did Scott 4 overlays at a time.. wow when I did 20 CD RIPS then overlays..Poor FX5 was CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!

Cassettes......I used the MIC on the computer and recorded it to a file..Then overlaid to a file etc etc etc..You have to watch this can cause static to occur from some of the cassettes out there...  So much so I did not even dare allow for the overlay.... Johnny Stewart, Dennis Kirk, Burnham Bros (some of them) worked great...
Some of the locals that did it in their garage.  Nope not worth putting it on the FX5.

My own sounds?  Used the MIC on the computer but recorded my sounds with one of those small digital OLYMPUS hand held recorders.. Type people take minutes in a meeting with...Then you have to overlay to the Accessory MIC on your computer... Neat thing you can edit after you load sounds to the MIC. tool....

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
no, meaning i couldn't do it so she had too.  she has the foxpro sounds stored on the computer then she download the mp3 files and moves them to the fury.  so we always have a backup of the sounds on the puter. 

Yep I can tell Jackie is smart..Gee maybe I will have to ask her to overlay my sounds too......

Of course I am just joking about the part were I would have her do my work for me...

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »
she thinks the Fury is awesome the technology behind it, she is a electronics person unlike me.  i am sure she would help you out next time you are up, i wonder if you could download some of the sounds i have saved from the fury. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »
I do not even use the foxpro utility.  seems to be a bit of a pain because I store my sounds in different files.  I just renumber them myself by renaming them and thats it.  with using a usb drive it is as simple as renaming a file and then opening both the folder the sound is on in your computer and then your fx-5 file and drag and drop thats it. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 12:58:23 AM »
I was having a problem breaking the How To direction over lay your own sounds...It was Bigben who suggested to me that I might  try the drag and drop.. Thanks to Ben's guidance I found out how easy it was to  move the files from my saved area to the FX5 loading area...See the direction don't tell you that.   Kind of high lights to use MP3 instead of Wave files.
Recently I read in one of the Predator Extreme  magazines article on HOW TO overlay your sound to electronic callers.  It used one of the Foxpro callers as an example...Now that is the kind of article I like to see in a predator calling magazine.. How To's.    That stuff that kind of just leads you up to things and never says anything...Thats the kind of articles that bother me... If you have that Predator Extreme article I reference..You might want to put that particular article or magazine with your wildlife caller so when you do overlay sounds it will be handy...