Author Topic: Trip To Lowe's For Plywood For Reloading Bench  (Read 3001 times)

Offline TheBig1

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Trip To Lowe's For Plywood For Reloading Bench
« on: June 11, 2016, 09:51:20 PM »
This is too funny not to share.  So I go to my local Lowe's store in Edwardsville, PA today to buy a 24"x24" piece of 1/2" plywood for under my press. I only needed a total of 3 cuts made on it so instead of taking it home, setting up my saw, and getting dirty, I decided to use the nice Wood Cutting services which are offered.

I draw the exact lines that I need and the gentleman goes to work.  He lays it on the machine and it takes him about 5 minutes to adjust and readjust the saw. Finally he begins to make the first horizontal cut when, oops, he's got the saw set up vertically. So it grinds a bit and then the safety device shuts the saw down.

Now at this point I should've known better and taken my piece of wood home, but no, I allow him to continue.

He makes the proper adjustment to the saw and begins again.  He gets 3/4 of the way through the cut and pulls back from the cut. Now he's made a cut a full inch below my drawn cutting line. Instead of just finishing the wrong cut, he leaves the 3/4 cut, makes another readjustment and finally gets it right.  He then walks over and shows me what he's done. Knowing full well that I've had to have been watching the entire time. 

Knowing that he still had two more 6" cuts to make, he asks me if I'd like for him to continue.  I said no, took the wood from him, and said that I'd better just take it home and make those cuts myself.

It really was unbelievable.  I should've been tipped off to this guy's lack of knowledge when he tried to draw the lines for my cut without clicking his pen out to make the mark which he didn't realize until I pointed it out to him.

Like daddy always said, if you want something done right you'd better do it yourself.

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/cstrickland4/media/20160611_214530_zpshzd55zvo.jpg.html]

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Trip To Lowe's For Plywood For Reloading Bench
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:48:03 PM »
My Pappy always told me, "Measure twice, and cut once"!  How true it is.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!