Author Topic: I hate verizon fios  (Read 3161 times)

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
I hate verizon fios
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »
Few weeks back I noticed my Sportsmans channel was no longer available on my verizon fios tv..and just last week I noticed the Outdoor channel has been taken down as well. I pay extra every month for those channels and since they can only be bought in a bundle of 10 channels, with now only one more of which I watch, I'm basically stuck paying $12 extra a month for one channel..that I can't get without the package. Why do we need to sign a contract that ensures them their money and which we get penalized for if we choose to break but they can drop channels and alter service at will with no compensation to the consumer? They are claiming lack of viewership is why they were dropped. Funny thing is, one of the channels in the package is a cricket only channel! Are they saying that more people watch the cricket channel than the outdoor and sportsmans channel?!? I find that amazing and a bit scary at the same time..and I apologize in advance to any cricket fans that may read this and take offense! I did hear that the drops could also be political in nature since the sportsmans channel profiled a bunch of pro gun shows...ok, rant over, thanks.
PPHA President

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I hate verizon fios
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »
I have Comcast and there just as bad. 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 11:03:10 PM »
All these companies got us by the balls.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »
they only have you by the nutz because you allow them to... the cable companies put their services up for bid as to who will kick back the most to the townships or the county, depending how they're split up... that's right the cable companies kick back money to local govt to be allowed to rape you with their shoddy service... what you need to do is get a coalition up and go to the township and demand they open the township to all companies in your area to provide service... then you'll see what you can get for just a little money... you'll see deals like all services provided by the company for $99.00/month... cable, internet and phone, all of them unlimited... my old township in Lancaster county got over 1/4 million a year for letting sh1tty blue ridge cable provide us with some extremely poor service...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...