Author Topic: Wild bore?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Humorris

Wild bore?
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
I read a report that there was approximately 3000 in pa back in 2009. I figured by now that would be 6000-9000 here in pa. Has anybody came across any in their hunting adventures? What area do you live in if you have?

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Wild bore?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
The only wild boar I know of in the state is up in Huntingdon.  The PGC is actively trapping, and you cannot hunt where they are doing this.  Look on the PGC site for more information.

Offline Humorris

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
I did look thats how i found out about 3000 being in the state in 2009. I figured that was mostly fenced hunting lands etc. Cause years of hunting i never seen one here, now when i lived in florida they are everywhere.

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
I don't see where there are 3000 running wild, maybe fenced in yes, but not in the wild here in PA.  There really isn't a lot of information around pin pointing where they are, maybe you know some land owners that could shed some light on it for you?

Offline Humorris

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
No one that i know has seen any but the fenced in areas so i was kind of curious maybe they were in a region that i don't hunt. Thanks anyway was thinking though if there's 3000 back then there would be a hell of a lot more by now and we have a open season on them so thought maybe they were somewhere.