Author Topic: Pennsylvanians for hunting on Sunday  (Read 15809 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Pennsylvanians for hunting on Sunday
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »
Well Kathy, I have yet to make anything personal...apparently you decided to.
I asked simple questions and made statements.

So, by your statement, I am not allowed to question or have an opinion.
I have never used any official position of mine for gain or to pose an opinion
I was simply stating fact that you said that everyone should be able to hunt Sundays and I was commenting that EVERYONE with a hunting license can hunt on Sun.

Now as for your snide remarks about Bobcat, I posed the question where were you before because there have been several hunters (PPHA members as well) who were speaking to legislators years before 1760 was being drafted. It was being shot down at that time, because of the tons of complaints from hunters on deer numbers and the fear that any additional SH would lead to SH for deer (yep straight from members of the House GFC).
So....if I was totally against SH as you so seem to read my mind, explain why I spent my money, my time and used my own personal items to try and get more species added to SH?
I also have never stood pounding my chest demanding people belive my way is the only way.
You will (and should) have your day in court

And for your questions about agreeing with the decisions for all those reimbursements from the Govt...yep because again....restitution doesnt come from a magical money tree, it comes from all of us...the taxpayers. Sorry, I'm not a huge fan of monetary suits, especially when the innocent have to pay the bill.

BTW I used the word "You" not meaning Kathy Davis personally, I meant "you" the folks advocating for reversing no SH.

So to add to what Ben said, no one here made it personal, it seemed you came looking for a fight and took a lot out of context as to what was said.
As an organization, we are a pretty tight knit group and look out for each other, much as I am sure those in the HUSH organization would be if someone came on your FB page and started blasting the efforts of one of your members

I don't speak for the PGC, and as a hunter(I pay for all my licenses as well) I have that right to speak my mind and my opinion. It seems you feel I shouldnt have that right.
When asked about "commission business" I give the response that I am to give or just keep quiet. I have never said, "I am a WCO and this is how it should be"
I use these forum boards on my own time, on my personal PC. And as such am entitled to my personal opinions on matters.

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline HuntSunday

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 12:54:50 AM »
Please show me where I said you can't speak for yourself Shawn? I missed it. Same with wondering where I was "snide" about bobcats?  All I said was one sentence- "Yes, I have asked for expanded opportunities for bobcat."

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, provided they can be expressed in civil terms.  Saying someone is acting like USP when that isn't true isn't civil.  Its that kind of thing that needs to end.

To answer your question, I did not speak to the legislature about bobcat alone, as it was never on my radar that anyone wanted it added.  Had I known, I certainly would have done so.  If I recall correctly, and I'll check with Roxanne, I was the only person to ask for bobcat to be expanded to WMU 2A a couple of years back.  Between the number of roadkill I was seeing, and the numbers I was calling in when coyote hunting, a season there was certainly warranted-  Why didn't you ask me to put in a plug?? You know I'm at the capitol often, and I'd have gladly done so.

I did speak favorably about Godshall's woodchuck on Sunday bill; and every other SH bill in the last decade. 

I also worked hard for, and Brad and I wrote the mentored transfer legislation.  Did you know it can include bobcat, or any species a tag is needed for? Its the way we wrote it, so it could be expanded by the agency, and each species wouldn't require its own legislation. We have another bill for mentored adults- since we wrote it its passed in Virginia and Michigan; Florida and Texas I believe, but not here in PA.  We're working on that too.

In fact, we work for everything positive about hunting; removing legislative barriers and extending more flexibility to the agency; and fighting some of the bad stuff that takes it away or puts it in jeapordy.

This case is going to be fairly straight forward.  As I said before, laws must be fairly applied.  In this case, they aren't; because as was pointed out, some species are lawful on Sunday and others are not.  It no longer serves a valid secular purpose, and the laws are pro SH for so many species; that it can't be upheld to excude some- just like the Sunday trading laws.

In this instance; the agency approves of having regulatoty authority.  Its kind of like taking someone to court who admitted they hit your car, but their insurance company refuses to pay.  We know its not the PGC who has to change the law- its the legislature- but the way its set up; we will likely have to name the PGC even tho they can't change it, and they want it.  It has me shaking my head too.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
So what is it again that the PPHA is fighting for right now, again? not trying to stir the pot just trying for some clarity.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
Nothing at the moment.  This whole mess was created from several individual comments and do not represent the PPHA in any manner.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
Nothing at the moment.  This whole mess was created from several individual comments and do not represent the PPHA in any manner.

Thanks! and yes, crazy.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »
I am the only moderator on this board, lets keep this civil or everyone goes
Leglifter, I think its time this 'huntsunday' kathy davis goes. What a way to push your agenda! No respect from me...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
HuntSunday certainly promotes a solipsistic philosophy, but I don't think she should be banned. JMO 8)

Offline takemrarely

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
Back in the day, if you had something to discuss with someone, you called them on the telephone......

just sayin'

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »
Nobody uses that thing hangin on the wall anymore.Even if your in the same room they would sooner text you than talk to you.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:31 PM »
Nobody uses that thing hangin on the wall anymore.Even if your in the same room they would sooner text you than talk to you.
Aint that the truth
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
I gotta get over here more often.  That was good.   ;)

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »
Just got the October issue of Peterson"s HUNTING.  Page 16-About 1/4 page on Hunt Sunday going to court.
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
I respect everyone's right to their opinon but personally I am opposed to Sunday hunting.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
I have several thoughts on this topic. Some will not be liked but I have the right to voice my opinion the same as the next guy.
I feel that for the future of hunting I would prefer a father, mother or child having the weekend to hunt instead of just Saturday. I'm all for regular Rifle season for deer, bear and spring gobbler not allowing Sunday hunting because I feel those are the most common animals illegally taken. It makes no sense to not allow all varmints and nuisance animals to be harvested seven days a week especially when special permits are bought (furtakers). The biggest opposition are one of the biggest cry babies towards unfair treatment and that is the farmers. Most are looking for tax breaks and anything else they can get to turn profits. In a sense they get their cake and eat it to and get reimbursed if it taste bad. If they are opposed to the harvesting of animals that hurt crop production or cause property damage then they should lose all tax write offs and federal assistance for doing so. they point is that it you are opposed to the solution to your problem then it's your problem. just like the farmer posting his property then complaining that all the deer on on his property eating his crops, groundhogs got his fields torn up and predators are taking livestock.
Sunday hunting should have been implemented before the use of crossbows to promote new hunters to the sport. The PGC is a joke in every sense of the word. Like Obama, they could care less about the worker or student who puts time in the workplace and it proves it when they keep a day afield from them.
FayetteNam