Author Topic: Missouri Trip  (Read 2000 times)

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
Missouri Trip
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
Just got back from a trip to Northern Missouri with my dad and grandfather where the rifle season had just come in for deer. We were fortunate enough to meet and become friends with a guy who lives around here but has 1048 acres leased to hunt on that he used to own and currently owns another 250 out there. All i can say is wow its a different world out there! Deer are all just much bigger body and antler size and the amount of game we saw was awesome. First morning we were out there was the day before the season opened and we were all inside eating breakfast when we saw 3 coyotes right behind the camp and the owner told me to shoot em if i get the chance so i grabbed my 22-250 which i took out for that reason and managed to get a shot at one at 200 yards and dropped him in his tracks only my second coyote. Then the first morning of the season my grandfather had an opportunity at a true giant buck but long story short things didn't work out for him. Then on the fourth day of the hunt (yesterday) my dad shot a nice 10 point and within another 2 hours i had an 8 point on the ground. Overall the trip was awesome and couldn't have asked for anything better!! I have truly been blessed this fall with deer hunting and have managed to get 3 bucks each one exceeding the previous one and this was an awesome way to end an awesome deer season!! Now i can focus my attention on getting some more fur on the ground !!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:14:01 PM by predator94 »

Offline predator94

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Missouri Trip
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »
O yea forgot here's the buck the guy we know that has the property leased shot the first morning with our buck needless to say he made us look bad

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
That's some awesome buck !!! congrats on the coyote.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
Very nice hunt.  Congratulations.  It's amazing the hunting in other states sometimes.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!