Author Topic: Moving North!  (Read 1999 times)

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
Moving North!
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
Hey guys just found out I'm going to be starting a new job up in Lafayette at the fed prison and ill prob be moving around the St. Marys area its quite a ways from were i live now. Its gonna be new to me gonna have to start fresh n find some new ground to hunt...just wondering if anyone has experience hunting up in the area (not trying to ask for any spots! haha I'm not that dumb).. just wondering how the deer, bear, predator and waterfowl hunting is and what to expect the anticipation is killing me! haha...thanks for any info guys i appreciate it

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Moving North!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »
Very good hunting in that area, just do some footwork and get permission.  Public land is pretty good certain times of the year.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
Lots of good coyote hunting up their and there will be elk in your back yard. You will have a 1000 yard rifle range 15 mins away in Ridgway which I shoot at all the time, they have a varmint shoot every month crows are 850 yards, ground hogs 900 yds bobcats 950 yds and coyote at 1000 yards. http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/  They have a nice gun shop in town and a rifle range. If you need any other help e mail me I live in DuBois half hour away, good luck with your new job...
Bob
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:16:58 PM »
welp looks like ill actually be moving to smethport instead of st marys