Author Topic: No use of E callers allowed during big game season  (Read 2411 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
No use of E callers allowed during big game season
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:38:36 PM »
You are not allowed to use an electronic caller during the day when any big game season is open and that includes turkeys. Page 73. Just found this out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:41:49 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: No use of E callers allowed during big game season
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:35:58 AM »
COYOTES: No closed season. Unlimited. Outside of any big game season (deer, bear, elk and turkey), coyotes may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker license, and without wearing orange. During any big game season, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtaker’s license   

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
Page 73 the 7th line reads,
Natural or manmade nonliving bait and any electronic or mechanical device can be used to attract coyotes for hunting or trapping.
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
hey Guys,  what are you trying to tell us?  Two contradictions and a negative opinion.  I will read the law myself as should everyon else.  Then throw this post out.  Dick Taylor
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 10:55:52 PM »
Yes, read the PGC laws governing this.  It's tricky when deer and turkey season is open.  You can hunt during the day, but only for the game that is in play, deer and turkey, predators are a byproduct, unless your hunting at night, then all bets are off.  The PGC want's to ensure your all following the orange requirement, and remember to IDENTIFY what your aiming at.  I had that drilled into me, and I have also taught the course up in new england, and drilled that into many a newbies head.

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »
ADOPTED 2011-12 FURBEARER HUNTING SEASONS

COYOTES: No closed season.  Unlimited. Outside of any big game season (deer, bear, elk and turkey), coyotes may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker license, and without wearing orange.  During any big game season, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtaker’s license.