Author Topic: Putting Your Foot In Your Mouth  (Read 2454 times)

uncle buck

Putting Your Foot In Your Mouth
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:46:16 PM »
I visited a local gun and knife show...There it was a knife on the table to protect me from those not so good people that will near kill you while you are night fishing.. You know someone who is high on drugs and not thinking and will do anything to YOU to rob you to get money for drugs..

The knife salesman was good ...Wow this knife was legal and it was just as fast a switch blade to open with one hand... Wow I was sold on it..$15.00 for a knife to protect me from perverts, druggies, and the bad lots while I would be doing some serious channel cat fishing...Gee I miss that night fishing because of all that bad stuff out there now..

As the salesman showed me how good and fast the blade open...I said..."I will take one!" I further went on to say "You Know How Nuts Those Drug Addicts Are Out There At Niight!" "They are Near Crazed and This Would At Least Protect Me!" The salesmand said to me in a calm and not mad manner..."I am a recovering drug addict." However I have been clean for 10 years." Of course right out of my mouth came...."I"""""M Sorry!!!!!!" He said to me "No Your Right 10 Years Ago I would Have Killed Someone Just To Get Drugs!" He further said he was not offended one bit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:51:50 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Putting Your Foot In Your Mouth
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:16:11 PM »
IDK bout you but I would rather have a side arm strapped to my side then a knife.  JMO
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
Nope....I also carry a Dan Wesson 357 mag double action snub nose when fishing or shrooming for that matter...Actually I have multiple things to use...hand Gun, Knife, and mace too...Never liked even thinking like this...Until once in your life you near lose your life and if it was not for my long gun I probably would not be here... Could have written it up in NRA Armed Citizen. Long time ago in Corpus Christi...It be a couple of them there border hombres.......They were going to do bodily harm and steal my Volkswagen Bug...No one steals a man Volswagon Bug!!!!!Ah thank the good lord I was duck hunting and they thought I was just fishing...Fooled them......
Learned a few things from people that visit here too...For protection... stay away from the semi's....Get a good double action hand gun in 357 Mag.. At minimum a 38 Special.  Anything less then that you have to empty the entire gun or the whole clip...AKA 25. automatics........

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
  Fighting drug addicts is a no win situation. After working armed security for years in fayette nams housing projects I've learned. They are stronger than you, willing to go to extremes to get what they want and their blood and saliva is just as dangerous as their hands. My boss got bit by a crazed woman and had to get tested every couple months for a year or so. I have no respect for drug addicts past or present. Get a good dog to tie up while your fishing, it will let you know if someone is coming up behind you.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »
Always heard that crazed people's Adrenalin really gets pumped up and works for them...Kind of gives them a bit of protection so they do not get hurt when they go nuts....