Author Topic: D2's 1st Groundhog Competition of the season....April 10th  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
D2's 1st Groundhog Competition of the season....April 10th
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »
As I promised to my District and to all other members that wish to join in on the hunt, we will be having 2 groundhog hunts this spring into summer...with a possibility of a mid-late summer hunt as well...This is an ANNUAL HUNT...It will be held every 2nd weekend of April that I am in office as District 2 Coordinator, so that everyone can plan on doing it WELL in advance(trying to up partcipation here boys with the annual events)

-All PA state regulations apply
-One day hunt (Saturday April, 10th ONLY)
-One(1)pt per groundhog taken, pictures with special pose to be entered into picture with hog, given out the night before on the 9th
-Bragging rights only for the crown of D2 early hog hunt champion

The next hunt i'm thinking on having the hogs be measured from nose to tail as we did last yr in the statewide groundhog hunt, just to mix it up a bit

*Look ahead gentlemen at the schedule of events for D2...we're trying something different this yr with annual events...hope to see many people attend our events from ANY district...there is a post "Tentative D2 schedule up to July" on this board, please check it out! *
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: D2's 1st Groundhog Competition of the season....April 10th
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »
Sounds awesome!
FayetteNam

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »

May the force be with all the competitors.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »
I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
I'm in.  Woody want to meet up for this?  I need to break in new scope on the 223.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:33:19 PM by swarter2 »
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 10:15:57 AM »
I love early season hog hunting. I will harvest more in the woods in early april than in the fields. I will have to stay motivated for this. April 11th is my birthday, so being crowned champion will make it all better.   ;D
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »
I can't allow an outside district competitor to take our crown....haha its on! good luck to all!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Now hold on guys, did we forget about Old Muttbuster and his whistle pig skills? Perhaps I will take the crown. Did you even think about that? Looks like I'm going to have to teach ya'll a lesson. It's not too late to gracefully back out and maintain your pride. I would hate to get beat by an old fart on oxygen like me. LOL LOL LOL. I broke a rib from laughing so hard just thinking about how many hogs I will kill. HAHAHAHAHA. Hey CS, I'm selling my bike since it's not to safe to ride with an oxygen bomb strapped to my side. I want to buy a small fishing boat instead. If you know anyone looking for a great bike let me know.
President PPHA

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »
I'll keep an eye out for ya...what you lookin for in a boat...got a few of those layin around...got a few outboards too...all in good condition...

problem is boys...he does shoot with barney...and can go out and touch a few things quite a bit farther than I...but i'm runnin in gunning hogs...lets pile'm up! so we aint gracefully backin outa nothin haha!
              "CritterDone"

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 11:16:52 PM »
Sixteen foot Gas and trolling motor with trailer. I would like to find something in good reliable condition. I have to have one that will start when I need it to because rowing is not an option. As far as the Hog killin program goes, I have the key to the Pearly Gates to Hog Heaven. Not only do I have Barney, I have a new secret weapon to introduce to the Hog population. All I need now is the hogs. I'm ready to rip like an old pair of pants. LOL
President PPHA

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
The offical pose/sign for the D2 ground hog hunt will be holding up any 4 fingers...or...writing a #4 on paper and staking it next to you're hogs if you're alone...

Good luck gentlmen...i'm hopeing to get out after work....
              "CritterDone"

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
1 pt/ hog...all pics must be uploaded to the site by saturday night at 9pm...
              "CritterDone"

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
Greetings
saw 2 shot 1, no pics no camera.  Hope you all did better then me. 
Cheers,
Bill
Cheers,
Bill

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 08:37:46 PM »
I had some new lawns today.
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »
only saw one hog...on a property i'm sure as heck not allowed to take a crack at...lil windy...lil chilly...2nd D2 hunt i'm sure will be knock'm down...hope more did well and we just didn't hear bout it! thanks to all that came out! more events to come folks, we got another hog hunt comin up next month...and two fishing trips/competitions...plus D2's annual picnick...possibly roping in D4 with that, gotta talk to Tim...should be fun either way
              "CritterDone"