Author Topic: D2 Hunt....  (Read 12983 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: D2 Hunt....
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
truck gassed up...batteries are on charge....friday nights' hunt route planned...got two doors to knock on for permission on my way home tomorrow from work...just gotta wait for Lookn4fur to get here!

good luck to all the members this weekend...have fun and be safe out there! ;)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
Batteries charged.  Truck to be gassed shortly after dropping off the last shorti at school.  The .223 is back in my hands.  Stopping ath the range to make the scope is still zeroed in.  Check topo maps and weather.  Hitting some new spots today.  Good Luck everyone and be safe.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »
Greetings,
Forgot all about this!!!  Do we need to register anywhere?
Cheers,
Bill

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »
I'm gonna get out a little this weekend. All you guys have a safe one.. May the force be with you! ;)
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »
no need to register anywhere war_nrg...

OFFICAL POSE TO BE IN PICTURE WITH FUR WILL BE...

your index and ring fingers up as in a "peace" sign to symbolize district "2"

any member of the PPHA, with membership card in hand may participate as this is an online check-in
points will be issued the same way the individual hunt was ran...
all fur must be hunted, not trapped, and no dogs allowed...
all pa game comission regs obviously apply...
all fur MUST BE POSTED IN A PICTURE, ON THIS SITE BY 10PM SUNDAY THE 17TH, NO FUR WILL COUNT PAST 10PM...

Good luck to everyone out there this weekend, be safe, and shoot straight! Hope everyone enjoys a little friendly competition for bragging rights this weekend! <~~lets get it done D2!!!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »
GET READY TO RUMBLE GENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
- Channing Pollock

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
okay....not so much of a rumble.... :-[

Lookn4Fur & i didn't see nuttin last night........very weird night. sure as heck hope some of you out there got some fur on the ground...or at least seen a set of eyes...ugh.

- Channing Pollock

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 09:35:30 AM »
L4fur may be bad luck ???

Offline FoxPro17

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 10:27:27 AM »
1 opposom and 2 other sets of eyes got a shot at one and not the other

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 10:44:47 AM »
Okay, keep the noise down....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:46:01 AM by foxtrot »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »
Saw 1 possum strolling along the road as I got to my last stand.  Didn't shoot it as it was heading towards the church.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
Funny you said that LL, thats exactly what I said to Woody.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 10:20:23 PM »
Just got in from hunting tonight.  Only made it to 2 spots as the ole legs were cramping bad.  The first place I went I just got permission at 5 O'Clock.  I had seen a coyote cross the road into the property a few weeks ago.  Nice thing about this farm I can walk to it from my in-laws house.  I set up for about 30-45 minutes with nothing showing.  However, as I crossed back the field I came upon a dead coon.  I thought about putting it in the truck, but I said no, as I couldn't tell had it died.  There's ben reports of rabbies in the area.

My Second stop was at the farm I have been hunting all season for predators.  My first stand there didn't produce anything other then the neighbors dogs barking.  So, I moved down to the other side of the pond along the fence line to the next farm.  Which I might be getting permission to hunt.  I set the Power Dogg about 10-15 yds down wind of my location.  The way I was set up the pond was to my right and a open field to my left.  I started out with the coyote Serenade.  Then waited several minutes and hit the pup distress.  A few minutes later I hit the jack rabbit distress off and on for a few minutes.  Then I heard something running thru the woods over my left shoulder.  It was a deer.  Got the heart pumping a little.  I turned the jack back on.  Again I heard something running thru the woods.  Another deer.  I thought to myself "what has the deer running.  The whole time the second deer was running I left the call on.  I Finally turned it off.  I'm still looking in the direction the deer went.  When I heard faint foot steps coming from along the pond.  I turned my old ricketty neck as far as I could.  I caught movement of something, but it made it past the beam of my head lamp.  So, I turned my fat body to the left to catch eyes and long legs.  It was a coyote.  Not more then 5 steps away from me.  It froze.  I slowly pulled the mossberg up.  It turned and walked away.  At that point I brought the gun up turned on the spot and waited for it to get into a clearing in the trees.  BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!! The Dead Coyote Hevi Shot went off.  I know it woke the 80+ year old land owner up, as I'm only 200-250 yds from the house, with permission.  I quick ran to where the dog was standing.  Nothing.  No dog.  I looked for blood and hair, but its hard to find with a red light and the graound being wet.  I'll go back in the A.M. with my wifes uncle.  But, I'm sure I missed as I am still not used to shooting over a light.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
Wow, Great job on the call in!!
Hope you find something in the am.
Believe me, We all miss

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
Well. I went out looking this morning before the rain started.  Couldn't find anything.  The only thing I could find was a lot of coyote scat.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2